Ayamonte Things to Do Tips by solopes
Ayamonte Things to Do: 14 reviews and 27 photos
The most remarkable detail in Ayamonte's main church is a virgin's image from the 16Th century, venerated since then. A legend says that it was discovered by fishermen in the sea, close to Castro Marim
I never used the beaches near Ayamonte, because they seem identical to those in the Portuguese side of Guadiana river. Warm water, calm surf, a large stripe of sand, and some wind, are the common characteristics.
The best beach in Ayamonte is Isla Canela, a sandy island close to the city, and connected by a small bridge. Heavy construction allows a few hotels and many apartments lining the beach at a smart distance.
In a city thay is far from being very beautiful, the main square makes the difference. Small but well balanced, the combination of typical construction, tiles and garden becomes very harmonious.
The marina of Ayamonte seems to be special for its location - it is rather central, with the city unfolding around it. never saw many boats there, which means that the economical conditions may be less attractive than its look.
The ayuntamiento is a typical building from the 18th century, with an adjacent modern adding; Located in central square, it shows some typical tiles.
More Reviews (5)
solopes' Related Pages
Ayamonte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ayamonte in Winter"
- "Ayamonte - a small cosy border town in Spain"
- "Welcome to AYAMONTE"
- "AYAMONTE, MARCH 2002"
- "I actually went to Seville but it wasnt found"
- "Rossy AYAMONTE"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayamonte
- 11 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Ayamonte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayamonte
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 187 reviews, 445 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 296 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 89 reviews, 197 photos
- Beijing Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Dubai Intro, 58 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 45 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcobaça Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos
- Turquel Intro, 36 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 48 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 53 reviews, 101 photos