"Ayamonte" Ayamonte by solopes
Ayamonte Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 61 photos
Once upon a time, Ayamonte was the Spanish town where the portuguese in Algarve went to buy candies (Spanish "caramelos" were a reference, and, together with the cheapper shrimps, a good pretext to cross the river).
Now, there's a bridge, and Portuguese keep crossing the river, now to refuel their cars.
What to see in Ayamonte? Well... maybe... you know...
... Portugal, just across the river!
Now a funny story: I've been once more in Ayamonte, and once more I confirmed that Ayamonte is not exactly my favorite... more travel advice
Crossing a border has always been an attraction - different language, food and commerce always attracted many Portuguese... more travel advice
solopes' Related Pages
Ayamonte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ayamonte in Winter"
- "Ayamonte - a small cosy border town in Spain"
- "Welcome to AYAMONTE"
- "AYAMONTE, MARCH 2002"
- "I actually went to Seville but it wasnt found"
- "Rossy AYAMONTE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayamonte
- Hotels in Ayamonte
- Transportation in Ayamonte
- Shopping in Ayamonte
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayamonte
- 11 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (162)
Have you been to Ayamonte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayamonte
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 192 reviews, 459 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 296 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 90 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcobaça Intro, 50 reviews, 135 photos
- Beijing Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Turquel Intro, 39 reviews, 141 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 58 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 45 reviews, 126 photos
- Funchal Intro, 48 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 53 reviews, 101 photos