"Longues" Longues-sur-Mer by solopes
Longues-sur-Mer Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 16 photos
This is the only battery in the Atlantic wall to have kept it's guns and emplacements. Originally comprising 4 casemates, shelters, guns and a range-finding post, this German battery held its position for only some hours surrendering in the morning of the 7th june. Their visit helps to understand the violence of the battle that submitted it in such a brief time.
solopes' Related Pages
Longues-sur-Mer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "D-Day, Atlantic wall, the Nazi battery"
- "German D-Day Guns at Longues-Sur-Mer"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Longues-sur-Mer
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Longues-sur-Mer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Longues-sur-Mer
Photos in Longues-sur-MerSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 183 reviews, 437 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 118 reviews, 291 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 88 reviews, 195 photos
- Beijing Intro, 61 reviews, 122 photos
- Dubai Intro, 58 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 45 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcobaça Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos
- Turquel Intro, 35 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 48 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 53 reviews, 101 photos