"Broad Montego Bay" Montego Bay by solopes

Montego Bay Travel Guide: 231 reviews and 465 photos

I spent a week in Montego Bay, but didn't see Montego Bay.
Let's try to explain:

When, in your country you choose a Jamaican hotel, their location is referred to one of the main touristy points - Montego Bay, Negril, Runaway Bay, and so on!

When you arrive to Jamaica you'll find out that your hotel may be very far from the referred city, that you may never visit.

That's what happened to us - our first hotel was Gran Bahia Principe, mentioned in the brochures as located in Runaway Bay (not far, indeed, but we never went there!) and listed in VT as... in Montego Bay.

Our hotel offered us the chance to visit Negril, and stay there two nights. We accepted it, and the hotel "in Negril" is mentioned in its homepage as... in Montego Bay - as a matter of fact it stays halfway, about forty kilometers from both of them (not listed in VT, maybe because it is brand new).

In this traffic we passed twice in Montego Bay, but never stopped, unless to raft Great River - also in Montego Bay... or something.

So, don't blame me if my pages seem a little confusing! Things are confusing out there.

• Last visit to Montego Bay: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 9, 2008

solopes

“If it is there... I want to visit”

Badges & Stats in Montego Bay

Have you been to Montego Bay?

Latest Activity in Montego Bay