"Petropolis" Petrópolis by solopes
Petrópolis Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 270 photos
It was winter, and that, probably, softened the contrast between the hot weather in Rio de Janeiro, and the cooler air of the mountains. The only thing we could notice was the dramatic difference in landscape and architecture. After several days "being" somewhere in Portugal, we arrived somewhere in France or Switzerland. The general look, the buildings, the gardens, everything demonstrated that this must have been a preferred place to European immigrants other from Portuguese.
But Portuguese history and culture was still strongly present. And we appreciated this getaway place, representing another look in the mosaic of Brazilian contrasts.
solopes' Related Pages
Petrópolis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petrópolis Cidade Imperial"
- "Petropolis - Imperial City"
- "b1bob's excellent Petropolis adventures"
- "Imperial history..."
- "Petropolis: The Imperial City"
- "Mangueirense's Petropolis Page"
- "Petropolis - the Imperial City just 53 km from Rio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Petrópolis
- Hotels in Petrópolis
- Transportation in Petrópolis
- Restaurants in Petrópolis
- Shopping in Petrópolis
- Warnings and Dangers in Petrópolis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petrópolis
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Petrópolis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petrópolis
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 189 reviews, 449 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 296 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 90 reviews, 201 photos
- Beijing Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcobaça Intro, 48 reviews, 132 photos
- Turquel Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 58 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 45 reviews, 126 photos
- Funchal Intro, 48 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 53 reviews, 101 photos