"Gwalior" Top 5 Page for this destination Gwalior by solopes
Gwalior Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 293 photos
India was a strong impression, but walking through Gwalior topped everything, and is hard to describe. Maybe because it is not a top destination in India, the bad side of the country showed at its best. People lying in the pavement, dead or alive, amidst bikes, cows, pigs and all you can imagine, dirt everywhere, I even was attacked by a cow. Atop the hill a large park houses several monuments of different dates and types, all of them deserving the visit, helping to quickly forget the bad experience in my way uphill. Preservation, however, is something strongly needed.
The most impressive construction in Gwalior's fort is Man Mandir palace. Built in the 15th century it is a delicate... more travel advice
For my european eyes unable to identify the different indian stiles, this other temple only impressed by the size and... more travel advice
solopes' Related Pages
Gwalior Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gwalior - home to the Scindia's"
- "Capital of Sindhias Gwalior"
- "Glorious Gwalior"
- "A convenient stop from Agra to Khajuraho"
- "Gwalior - hidden treasure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gwalior
- Hotels in Gwalior
- Transportation in Gwalior
- Restaurants in Gwalior
- Warnings and Dangers in Gwalior
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gwalior
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Gwalior?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gwalior
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 187 reviews, 445 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 119 reviews, 293 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 88 reviews, 195 photos
- Beijing Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Dubai Intro, 58 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 45 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcobaça Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos
- Turquel Intro, 36 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 48 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 53 reviews, 101 photos