Gilgit Things to Do Tips by ifam
Gilgit Things to Do: 7 reviews and 16 photos
on the way to phander ...river flows all the way
Just 2 days after i arrived here, my friend ask me to follow him to this area called PHANDER VALLEY for fishing. He said TROUT FISH can be easily found there and the taste is good. So hmm......whenever anyone say about good food, i wana try them so we hire a car with a driver and went up to PHANDER VALLEY. Its taking 1.5 hours to GHIZER and about 3 hours to phander from GHIZER. winding road and bumpy roads and sometimes there are landslides in between the stretch then you will have to slow down. My friends's sister and niece vomitted and hving headache because they are not used to travel so far with such condition hahahah.Me? I am enjoying the ride...even though i was having stomachache and dierrhea...cool day.When we arrived, rent the fishing rods and start fishing. Its a unique experience, very different way of fishing..A MUST TRY. I slept on the grass by the riverbank because i was so sleepy hahahahah..till i hear some noise of the donkeys and goats nearby hahahaha What a great out door activities! You can ask someone to fry the fish there itself to taste it. Tasted good
Address: PHANDER VALLEY,
Directions: NORTHERN AREA, PAKISTAN
This buddha symbol is carved on the mountain and it is so high up that one keeps on wondering how did they managed to climb up so high to do it. The road leading to this place is very narrow and full of bumps. Not well kept i would say, but once you arrived here then you will feel great with a river flowing nearby. Try come between July to Sept because the weather is great, not too hot, not too cold.
Address: about 6 km from town centre
Directions: gilgit town, northern area pakistan
More Reviews (3)
ifam's Related Pages
Gilgit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gilgit The Winner 2011 Polo Festival"
- "Capital of the Northern Areas"
- "GILGIT - A Valley covered by magnificent mountains"
- "A nice place to discover"
- "MY GILGIT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gilgit
- Hotels in Gilgit
- Transportation in Gilgit
- Restaurants in Gilgit
- Shopping in Gilgit
- Warnings and Dangers in Gilgit
- See All...
Explore the World
- Nisida Atokos Hotels
- Pulau Tidung-besar Hotels
- Byron Bay
- Saint James Hotels
- Province de Tetouan Hotels
Badges & Stats in Gilgit
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Gilgit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gilgit
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos
- Egypt Intro, 3 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sibu Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubai Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Pulau Tioman 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Islamabad Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rawalpindi Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Top 5 Page for this destination Murree Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (33)
Latest Gilgit hotel reviews
- Gilgit Serena Hotel
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013