"Gem of the Oregon Coast" Yachats by nativelocal

Yachats Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 63 photos

I've never "travelled" to Yachats - I was born and raised here. After a few years in the city, I began to realize just how little I had missed, and disgusted with concrete, I returned to Yachats. Since the job market is laughable, consisting of either government positions (rare) and tourism (sadly), most people looking to Yachats as a place to live have to either be retired or willing to work for themself. Yachats has acquired a plethora of McMansions on the hillside with garish, immense monstrosities built into what was once a forested hillside, but if you stay to the low ground, you'll find the true ambience of Yachats - warm, friendly, welcoming and small town - the epitome of an Oregon coastal community.

• Pros:Centralized amenities within walking distance of everywhere & natural beauty in abundance with *the* best beaches of the Oregon Coast.
  • Cons:Exorbitant housing costs, laughable "economy" and McMansions piled atop each other, rapid retirement growth rate.
  • In a nutshell:A sleepy coastal town perfect for family vacations and romantic get-a-ways.
  • Intro Written Jul 9, 2005

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2005 at 1:24 PM

It seemed like 15 miles to me when we were walking ;-) Hope its not too wet down there today!

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Yachats

Have you been to Yachats?

Latest Activity in Yachats