"Gem of the Oregon Coast" Yachats by nativelocal
Yachats Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 63 photos
I've never "travelled" to Yachats - I was born and raised here. After a few years in the city, I began to realize just how little I had missed, and disgusted with concrete, I returned to Yachats. Since the job market is laughable, consisting of either government positions (rare) and tourism (sadly), most people looking to Yachats as a place to live have to either be retired or willing to work for themself. Yachats has acquired a plethora of McMansions on the hillside with garish, immense monstrosities built into what was once a forested hillside, but if you stay to the low ground, you'll find the true ambience of Yachats - warm, friendly, welcoming and small town - the epitome of an Oregon coastal community.
- Pros:Centralized amenities within walking distance of everywhere & natural beauty in abundance with *the* best beaches of the Oregon Coast.
- Cons:Exorbitant housing costs, laughable "economy" and McMansions piled atop each other, rapid retirement growth rate.
- In a nutshell:A sleepy coastal town perfect for family vacations and romantic get-a-ways.
The new Yachats Underground Pub & Grub is well worth going to. The food prices are great and the selection is unique.... more travel advice
Yachats Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YACHATS - ARTISANAL FULCRUM ON THE CENTRAL COAST"
- "The Gem of the Oregon Coast"
- "Yachats (pronounced Ya-harts)"
- "Beautiful Oceanside"
- "Gem of the Oregon Coast"
- "Yachats (Ya Hots) Stuff"
- "Ha-See-Ta Head"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yachats
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Yachats?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yachats
No friends yet.