"Give me your Beer, your Liquor..." Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Atitlán by HippieFur
Santiago Atitlán Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 127 photos
Maximon, San Simon, Rilaj Maam.... Best known as Maximon, this wooden depiction of San Simon is a combination of Catholic and indigenous traditions.... Its the star attraction of tiny Santiago de Atitlan, along with the Church where Father Stanley Rother, a missionary from Oklahoma was killed by the Guatemalan military... There are market days as well... you could easily spend half a day here...
If you want to snap a picture of Maximon, youll be asked for a donation... Maximon also has a tray set out, to accept money and cigarettes... Its comical to watch him smoke.... Above, Maximon is receiving a quick swig, thanks to his sympathetic care takers....
HippieFur's Related Pages
Santiago Atitlán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An encounter with an ancient idol"
- "Santiago Atitlán and the rum-loving saint"
- "Traditional Tz'utujil Mayan Town"
- "Give me your Beer, your Liquor..."
- "The Tzutujil Village"
- "Santiago - say hello to Maximon"
- "Village on Lake Atitlan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santiago Atitlán
- Hotels in Santiago Atitlán
- Transportation in Santiago Atitlán
- Restaurants in Santiago Atitlán
- Shopping in Santiago Atitlán
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santiago Atitlán
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Santiago Atitlán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santiago Atitlán
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Pedro Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico City Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monterrey Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phoenix Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Budapest Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.