"SURF & RELAX & SURF & RELAX....." Alacati by onurozel
Alacati Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 198 photos
Imagine all the Turkish Aegean coast and if you compare 'em with Alacati's reality you will understand what I try to mean here. The relaxation the isolation friendliness and the natural beauty of it's unique winds....Alacati had always been under the shade of Cesme which is a popular part of İzmir and is always been crowded by tourists. Alacati, itself, has been tryin to get it s own unique identity with its wind and with its unique well being.
As far as I have heard the village has built by Greek workers in Ottoman empire time. The architectural design reminded me the Greek villages and the lifestyle as well. The mosque near the main area is used to be a church and then turned into a mosque later on. The name "ALACATI" is believed to come from a well known racer horse whose name was "ALACA AT" (alaca is a color and At means horse) the horse was so strong and fast that won all the races of its time. The horse was grown from this land and named after him.
This place has 2 unique characteristics that makes it a well known paradise for international wind surfers.
1. wind at around 15-25 knots in the season.
2.The depth of the sea never goesmore then 1,5 meter for around 60 meter which is ideal for a non wavy situation.
The rookies and the profs can both enjoy this place. There are numerous training center and you can buy and rent all kind of equipment nearby.
- Pros:relaxing, entertaining, good for sports and activities"
- Cons:I don think it has some...
- In a nutshell:nice....
In alacati you will realise wind mills. These are huge mills creating electricty from the wind power. It might be... more travel advice
I had a nice traditional breakfast and it was nice.. The place is owned by a family and all is service is given by a... more travel advice
onurozel's Related Pages
Alacati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alacati was a big surprise"
- "Alacati - An Aegean Beauty"
- "SURF & RELAX & SURF & RELAX....."
- "Entering 2007 at Alacati"
- "SURFERS' TOWN ALACATI"
- "a charming village near Cesme"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alacati
- Hotels in Alacati
- Transportation in Alacati
- Nightlife in Alacati
- Restaurants in Alacati
- Shopping in Alacati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alacati
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Alacati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alacati
- Commented on one of cigno's Alacati travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rent a car and motorbike or even boat in Cesme"
- Wrote a Review hear the power of the wind..WIND MILLS.. in Alacati Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Alacati Travel Page "SURF & RELAX & SURF & RELAX....."
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "RE: From Istanbul to Belgrad..."
Top 10 Pages
- Alacati Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Tehran Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- New York City Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Athens Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Republic of Montenegro 1 review, 1 photo
- Albania Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- London 1 review
- Toronto 1 review
- Zagreb 1 review