"Jindrichuv Hradec Castle and Chateau" Jindrichuv Hradec by Nadia7
Jindrichuv Hradec Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 36 photos
This Roman-Gothic castle, surrounded by legends about the White Lady, was rebuilt in an imposing Renessaince chateau in the 16th. century. A complex of buildings of various architectonical styles belongs to the vastest chateau areas in the Czech Republic. Among its most precious parts belongs an old Gothic palace with early Gothic mural paintings, a huge cylindrical tower Hladomorna (Dungeon) and a tower called Menhartka with a preserved black kitchen. In the chateau park we can find a roundel, a remarkable Renaissance music pavilion with rich stuke decorations, architectonically unique Renaissance building located to the north of the Alps.
Renaissance roundel belongs among the most extensive chateau areas of the Czech Republic and, especially the third courtyard represents a perfect mosaic of the most varied building movements and styles. Antonio Ericer cooperated with G. M. Facconi in the building of the charming Renaissance roundel between 1591 and 1596.
The fountain looks like a cage for birds.
- Pros:It's a must-to-see if you are in South Bohemian Region
- Cons:The restaurant right in from of the Castle serves food of poor quality in comparision to the prices.
- In a nutshell:You'll be full of impressions when hearing all the medieval stories.
Nadia7's Related Pages
Jindrichuv Hradec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A WET DAY IN JINDRICHUV HRADEC"
- "every year in summer"
- "Jindrichuv Hradec Castle and Chateau"
- "Jindrichuv Hradec"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jindrichuv Hradec
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Jindrichuv Hradec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jindrichuv Hradec
Photos in Jindrichuv HradecSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cesky Krumlov Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Hluboka nad Vltavou Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Rozmberk nad Vltavou Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Dresden Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Oxford Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Damascus Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Beijing 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Mexico Intro, 3 photos
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 3 photos