"Home Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay by OZebomate
Torquay Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 80 photos
Torquay is my town......... it is at the beginning of the great ocean road famous for its winding coastal views, 12 apostles and bells beach. The weather here is pretty mild can be as low as10/12 degrees in winter and 40 degrees celsius in summer. There is probably 5 months of the year where the ocean/sun is warm enough to swim without a wet suit, the water is not very warm in the southern ocean 12- 20 degrees. Torquay has plenty of surf factory shops for those who like shopping and some good restaurants/cafes.
The nightlife here is OK year round (weekends) and peaks in summer especially over christmas. The local pubs are the main places, for those here in winter nearby Geelong( regional city) may have better prospects.
Plenty of places to stay here including 3 caravan parks, a backpackers, numerous hotels and bed and breakfasts. Torquay is a town that caters for so many interests.... too many to name.
- Pros:good coast, surf shops, summer
- Cons:hate to winge but- holiday traffic, windy, summer 'coastal tax' on beer, petrol basically everything....
- In a nutshell:this aint Torquay, England mate
OZebomate's Related Pages
Torquay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Torquay - Surf Coast Capital"
- "Home Town"
- "Bells Beach"
- "Torquay, surf capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torquay
- Hotels in Torquay
- Transportation in Torquay
- Nightlife in Torquay
- Restaurants in Torquay
- Shopping in Torquay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torquay
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Torquay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torquay
Photos in TorquaySee All Photos (5)
Top 5 Pages
- Southern Thailand Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Bang Kapi Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Austral Eden Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Wilsons Promontory National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos