"Lake Mary is a nice break from the "attractions"" Lake Mary by nomad7890
Lake Mary Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
Lake Mary is a quiet little town approximately 20 miles north of Orlando. Across the highway several new office parks have been built, and lately it has not been quite a sleepy as before - there are several hotels and restaurants. Chances are Lake Mary will not be a vacation destination - but it sure is a nice place to come home to after vacation.
Living in Florida means the possibility of hurricanes from June to November. Fortunately the storms seldom come through Orlando, but in 2004 three of them came across - fortunately Ivan skipped us. Ivan was by far the strongest storm and the first time in 24 years since we live in the area that we boarded up the windows.
The area has grown and now offers several hotels, stores, and restaurants.
- Pros:A slower area with easy access to nature and hiking trails
- Cons:It is about 35 miles from the parks - but this is good!
- In a nutshell:A wonderful escape between the parks and the beaches
nomad7890's Related Pages
Lake Mary Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lake Mary, Seminole County, Florida"
- "Lake Mary is a nice break from the "attractions""
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lake Mary
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Lake Mary?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Mary
Top 10 Pages
- San Vicente de la Barquera Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Fuenterrabía Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Santa Marta de Ortigueira Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Pinhão Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cojímar Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Sebastián Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Ervedosa do Douro Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Madrid 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albarracín Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos