"Nomad's Home Page" nomad7890's Profile

My little friend 88 - Iguazu Falls, Argentina

Thank you for visting my home page! Please accept my apologies as these pages need a good overhaul - they are a mess! If I stay home for the holidays I may do some work then - but please do look around the messy organization - there are a few good finds in here, and a look at my Cuba, circa late 1940's.

The little guy in the photo came and stood by as I was taking photos and videos of the Garganta del Diablo series of falls at Iguazu. It stood there for a while, as if sharing it's beautiful wings with my camera. I will always treasure my new little buddy ... 88.

See the Transcantabrico personal album, or copy and past the following link on your browser:

No need to log on - just click on the picture and select Slide Show. Please note the first picture takes a few seconds to show up as the rest of the photos are loading!
....

Christmas 2008 -

My husband used to say that life was better lived like a rollercoaster - if you had low's, so would you have highs. Here is living proof, after a solemn dissertation about the holidays I receive the most beautiful flowers from my family in California. How can I not be joyful with people around who are so thoughtful!

Many hugs to all for Christmas or for any Holiday you celebrate this season - and don't let the bedbugs bite!

Chocolateria San Gines, Madrid

Best hot chocolate -

My favorite new Cuban band - Moneda Dura

Lyrics in Spanish only.

1. This video was banned in Cuba ... do you see anything offensive?

2. On foreigners looking for "friends" in Cuba:

Don't get me mixed up - I'm not a callejero!:

Note: This video does not apply to those visiting Cuba for its tourist qualities, it only applies to those going there for other types of ... action.

• Intro Updated Dec 30, 2011

• tere1's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Belated Happy Birthday , Martha! Sorry, I didn't log in for a couple of days... Hugs

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Thank you Tere - sorry I have not been logging to VT. By the way, we have decided to cancel St Pete because we already had plans and it becomes very difficult - but maybe we'll return to Lisbon soon, Wayne loves Portugal!

• tere1's Profile Photo
      Nov 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Oh, so sorry not to meet you in St. Petersburg, Martha!! If you return to Portugal let me know.

• Belsaita's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Feliz cumpleaños Martha, aunque con un poco de retraso.... ¡Qué hayas pasado un día muy feliz y que cumplas muchos más! Besitos

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Gracias Isa - hace tiempo no vengo a VT - se toma tanto rato hacer el logon! Ya veo que estas en Bulgaria, ojala tengas tiempo de dar un paseito! un abrazo!

• jonkb's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Happy belated birthday, Martha!

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Thank you Jon - am running a little behind in thanks - have not been logging on to VT as often - hope you are well, hugs!

• jonkb's Profile Photo
      Nov 15, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Yep. All is well.

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Happy Birthday Martha !

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Thank you Katherine - we went down to Florida and visited with family. Sorry for the late thanks, it takes longer to log on to VT now - hugs!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Happy Birthday from Mexico Martha

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Thank you Hansi! Hope you and Lori are having a great time - many hugs!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Happy Birthday from Mexico Martha

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM

May be replying twice - something said reply failed. Many hugs to you and Lori, have fun in Mexico and thank you for the birthday wishes!

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Happy B/D!

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Wishing You A Very Happy Birthday Martha! Hope you are keeping well x

Nov 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM

hmmm - something said my reply failed - thank you Sue! Hope you are well too!

• suvanki's Profile Photo
      Nov 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I'm fine Thanks! Hope to catch up with you sometime!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• leics's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Happy birthday, Martha! Hope you have a super day! :-)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
nomad7890's Profile Photo

nomad7890

“Don't leave it for tomorrow ...”

Location