"Masaya" Departamento de Masaya by trek06
Departamento de Masaya Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 311 photos
Masaya has two markets: The old one which has been renovated and is the nicer of the two and the new market which is run down but has better bargains. Masaya also has miles of small clothing shops along it's main avenue through the city.
Masaya is famous for it's hammocks. I brought home two!
Cabs are cheap but there are also city buses. Not the intercity bus on the right, but the truck on the left.
Also volcan Masaya is very close by.
There is quite a bit to do here and if you don't feel like staying in Managua on your way home. You can get up early and catch a cab to the airport. We took a cab at 05:00 am to the airport for $10 US. You will find good accomodation here signifcantly cheaper than getting a hotel close to Managua airport.
I highly recommend Hotel Maderas. The cost was $20 US a night for a double room.
- Pros:Inexpensive Clothes, Markets, lively city.
Another photo of Volcan Masaya. This is the most easily accesible volcano in Nicaragua. more travel advice
trek06's Related Pages
Departamento de Masaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Masaya city and it´s Volcano."
- "Volcán Masaya"
- "Valle De La Laguna (in Masaya)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Departamento de Masaya
- Hotels in Departamento de Masaya
- Transportation in Departamento de Masaya
- Restaurants in Departamento de Masaya
- Shopping in Departamento de Masaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Departamento de Masaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Departamento de Masaya
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Departamento de Masaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Departamento de Masaya
Photos in Departamento de MasayaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- South Korea Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos
- Kyongju Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos
- Santiago Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos
- Granada Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Argentina Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Calgary Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Departamento de León Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kananaskis Lakes Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Nicaragua Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos