"Gyeoungju, a hikers dream" Kyongju by trek06
Kyongju Travel Guide: 188 reviews and 491 photos
You don't have to be in Korea long before you want some solitude away from the masses. To escape the crowds you can find a quiet perch on a mountainside and Korea is all mountains. Although they are not large mountains they make up for it with history and religion. The mountains around Gyeong-ju are an excellent place to explore and hike and then be rewarded by a grotto or a monks chants and drum sounds. Although photos are not allowed in many of the temples, they wouldn't do the experience justice anyway. You need to see the inside of these temples with your own eyes.
There is cheap clean motels near the intercity bus terminal and unlimited restaurants to enjoy Korean food. It is a small city which makes it easy to find your way around. Watch out for fast scooters on side wallks, indoor markets etc...
Interesting Pagoda at Bulguska. I really enjoyed the temple and it was a great starting point for Seokguram Grotto.
Tombs of 3 Silla dynasty kings, a peaceful place of rest. You can find these tombs around differnt parts of the city.
- Pros:Yellow dust days, Red dust days, Air Pollution
- Cons:Rewarding Hikes
- In a nutshell:A jewel of Korea
You can check out the local traditional food at the market. I had a cheap spicy cold bowl of soup here with kimchi for... more travel advice
Very nice clean basic ondal room for 30,000 wan (30US) night. There are many motels behind the intercity bus terminal... more travel advice
trek06's Related Pages
Kyongju Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Ancient City Blossoms"
- "The Ancient Capital of the Silla Kingdom"
- "Home of the Silla Dynasty"
- "Gyeongju (Kyongju) - A Journey through History"
- "Kyongju - Gyeongju"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyongju
- Hotels in Kyongju
- Transportation in Kyongju
- Restaurants in Kyongju
- Shopping in Kyongju
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyongju
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyongju
- 14 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kyongju?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyongju
Top 10 Pages
- South Korea Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos
- Kyongju Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos
- Santiago Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos
- Granada Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Argentina Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Calgary Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Departamento de León Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kananaskis Lakes Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Nicaragua Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos