Shanghai Warnings Or Dangers Tips by MikeySoft
Shanghai Warnings and Dangers: 132 reviews and 74 photos
On Nan Jing Road, between the Bund and the pedestrian area of Nan Jing Road, young couples approaches foreigners. They usually say they are students from Beijing University. They asked you to take a look at their art gallery.
I was approached many times in this area. I always politely said I do not have the time. I have heard they take you to an art gallery where the art is not that good but charge very high prices. This supposes scan has been talked about very often on the internet.
It is up to you if you want to go but be aware.
This does not seem to be as bad as the famous Tea House scam. Young people say they want to practice their English and take you to a Tea House. You get a bill at the end for something like 1000 rbm. About $147 USD.
This scam is even listing as a warning in the US Government travel warnings.
This is a real shame because I like to meet local people when I travel. They make it harder for locals that just want to be friendly.
Please rate this and my other tips when you find them helpful, interesting or you like the photos.
More Reviews (11)
MikeySoft's Related Pages
Shanghai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sex and the city... so to speak."
- "Essence of Shanghai"
- "Shanghai! Its a lively city"
- "5 Days in Shanghai"
- "Shanghai - a classic blend of the old and the new"
- "Check out my blog - www.shanghai-eats.com"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shanghai
- Hotels in Shanghai
- Transportation in Shanghai
- Nightlife in Shanghai
- Restaurants in Shanghai
- Shopping in Shanghai
- Warnings and Dangers in Shanghai
- See All...
Explore the World
- Weslaco Hotels
- Imouzzer du Kandar Hotels
- Wadi Rum
- Calella de Palfrugell
- Yakkalamulla Hotels
- Cozy Corner Hotels
- Hoi An Warnings and Dangers
- Southern Thailand Warnings and Dangers
- People to Avoid
- French Guiana Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Princesa City Warnings and Dangers
- Samarkand Warnings and Dangers
- Wiesbaden Warnings and Dangers
- Sliema Warnings and Dangers
- North Philadelphia
- Subic Warnings and Dangers
- Pigeon Forge Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Shanghai
- 12 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 139 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Shanghai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shanghai
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 15 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Yucatán Intro, 21 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- China Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jiuzhaigou Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos
- Tibet Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- India Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Latest Shanghai hotel reviews
- Four Points By Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Shanghai JC Mandarin
- 199 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Motel 168 Zhoujiazui
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 23, 2013
- Charms Hotel Shanghai
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hanting Hotel (Shanghai Nanpu Bridge )
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 27, 2013
- Peace Hotel Shanghai
- 422 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Sai Yuan Hotel Shanghai
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2008
- Shanghai Laurel Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Jin Jiang East Asia Hotel
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2013
- Millennium Hongqiao Shanghai
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Shanghai Julu Garden Villa
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Shanghai Blue Mountain Youth Hostel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Jiali Junhao Hotel Shanghai
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Nanjing Lu- 56 Reviews, 88 Photos
- The Bund- 80 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Oriental Pearl Tower- 61 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Jade Buddha Temple- 25 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Yuyuan Garden- 58 Reviews, 145 Photos
- Xin Tian Di- 33 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Pudong- 15 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Shanghai Museum- 34 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Huangpu River Cruise- 15 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Old Town- 11 Reviews, 22 Photos
See All Shanghai Things to Do