"The Yucatán Peninsula" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Yucatán by MikeySoft

Estado de Yucatán Travel Guide: 1,410 reviews and 3,687 photos

The Yucatan Peninsula consists of several Mexican states which I visited two of them. I felt it is best to put all my photos and tips on this page.

We started this trip with only a hotel reservation for the first night but we had no problems finding rooms during the trip as we drove and spend nights in different places on the Yucatán Peninsula. I have a tip for each hotel we stayed in. I made each of my trip a short story about what we did and saw.

Please take a look what I have so far and come back if you like what you see. I hope everything you see and read is interesting. I tried to make it that way.

So far I have tips for each hotel we stayed in along with some other useful tips. I plan to add more tips, travel logs, photos and stories soon.

Where we ended up going.:
Day 1: Cancun Area
Day 2: Cancun Area
Day 3: Cancun, EK Balam (Mayan Ruins), Small Town Bull Fight, Valladolid
Day 4: Valladolid, Cenote Samula, Chichen Itza (Hotel near Chichen Itza)
Day 5: Chichen Itza area, Izamal area, Valladolid
Day 6: Valladolid area, Small towns, Coba (Mayan Ruins), Tulum
Day 7: Tulum area
Day 8: Tulum area, Playa Del Carmen Area
Day 9: Playa Del Carmen Area
Day 10: Drive back to Cancun airport and flight home.

• Last visit to Estado de Yucatán: Mar 2009
  • Intro Updated Apr 23, 2013

• adidonek's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I love it how you admit shamelessly that you are a late sleeper. It is actually good sometimes. I went to Tulum after all group tours left and we had it all just for us. I got the best guide (Pek) and he told us many secrets.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Excellent Estado de Yucatán travel page with lots of interesting tourist attractions such as Mayan Ruins, underground water cave, Chichen Itza and Izamal. Thanks for the virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Excellent tips on Yucatan. The Chitchen-Itza is ranked as one of seven new world wonders. Must be surreal to be there. Someone I know saw someone falling over when rushing down the steep steps.

MikeySoft

“See the world before you leave it. :)”

Badges & Stats in Estado de Yucatán

Have you been to Estado de Yucatán?

Videos in Estado de Yucatán