"Amritsar, One of my favorite places in India" Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar by MikeySoft

Amritsar Travel Guide: 266 reviews and 809 photos

The Golden Temple

Amritsar is one of my favorite places in India. Partly because it was near the beginning of my 38 day trip and I was not worn out yet, but mostly because the people were very friendly and did not have the hassle as other places in India like Agra. Amritsar is a wonderful place and I recommend it to everyone.

My tour of Punjab and the Amritsar area.

For me, the main attractions were the Golden Temple, Langar (Lunch) at the Golden Temple Complex, The nearby Pakistan Border, and Jallianwalla. Please see my tips and, soon to be updated, travel logs for photos, web links, and additional information.

I arrived in Amritsar by car from Delhi late on my fifth day of my 38 day tour. I departed by car early 2 days later. I sent two nights and a little over one full day in Amritsar.

I'll be adding more to Amritsar and Indian pages, so come back soon. :)

The nearby Pakistan Border

The nearby Pakistan Border flags lowering ceremony is a carnival like atmosphere and somewhat of a pep rally between the two countries.

Please see my "Things To Do" tips for more photos, and information including links to BBC short videos of the fun ceremony.

• Pros:Friendly People, No Hassling
  • In a nutshell:A Wonderful Place To Be. Don't Miss It.
  • Last visit to Amritsar: Dec 2009
  • Intro Updated May 13, 2011

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Excellent Amritsar tips and photos, Mike. Have been all over India but yet to get there. And had a very similar tip renting a car and driver in New Delhi. A long day's "adventure" to Agra and back. Got to get stories for the grandkids somehow, and India is a great place for stories.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Hi Mike would like to get to India one day/before too long and wouldve gone to Donna in Indias planned vt meet there but its not.happening for now nor does a trip for me there just yet. would love to get to Cuba and Madagascar and more of Africa, friends in the USA and Brazil and home to see family..might end up in China this year or next to stay for a while.

• MikeySoft's Profile Photo
      May 11, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Sorry for the late reply. Had plans to met Donna but it didn't work out. I flew into Bombay the night before flying home early the next morning. I plan to get there earlier but lots to see in India even in the 38 days I was there.

• Helenbb's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2011 at 10:06 PM

she learns english also.. she has a toy bear which speak chinese and english.. haha. she also attends some classes and the teacher speaks english too.

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Love your motto, and how that sweet kid is holding onto you (ppp) Nice pages here :-) Balle, balle ;-)

• yaya15923's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM

great tips and beautiful pics of Amritsar. Next time I am in India I will have to visit :)

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2011 at 10:53 PM

You have the BEST pages on Amritsar!Inspite of having a BAD experience with Mr.Benares, you did not let it ruin your holiday and appreciation of Amritsar.The photos of the local people was great.Written with great warmth!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Beautiful pics of Amritsar Temple complex. Nice page write up. SL :)

• conniechong's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2010 at 6:58 AM

wonder how Feroz conned..

MikeySoft

“See the world before you leave it. :)”

Badges & Stats in Amritsar

Have you been to Amritsar?