"Mikey's Soft Home Page" MikeySoft's Profile

My Recent India Trip

I finally started updating my travel pages for my 5 1/2 weeks trip to India. I have Amritsar so far but will be adding more over time.

Amritsar is one of my favorite places in India with the Golden Temple and the nearby Pakistan Border flags lowering ceremony.

The Yucatán Peninsula

I added some photos, tips, and a video for my trip to The Yucatán Peninsula. Please take a look and leave a comment about what you think. I will be adding more photos, tips, travel logs and maybe more videos soon.

Back from the Middle East and Yucatan Mexico

I'm way behind in updating my Middle East pages but you can see what I have so far for my Israel, Palistine, and Egypt pages with photos and tips, check then out.

I just got from Yucatan Mexico and I have not updated anything yet. Check back to see them. I'll even have a shout video of a small town bull fight. I was the only foreigner there and the bull ran right up to me. Only flimsy wooden fence protect me.

My travel videos are on YouTube

I'm adding travel videos to my YouTube account at:

So far I have a narrated video of Lhasa, Tibet and a slide show of people and places around Lhasa Tibet.

I have been unable to upload the full version of my narrated video of Lhasa to VT. It explains a lot of what you see and many people find it interesting. You can see the full version on youtube, and/or the short version on VT.

Western Sichuan, China. Near Tibet

See my China and Tibet pages, including Songpan page.
Also Shanghai, Jiuzhaigou, Hunangshan, and many more.

See my latest NEW Amritsar, India page , one of my favorite places in India.

Introduction

I love to travel. I have been to five of the seven continents. From home in the USA to Krakatau as it was blowing its top and many places between. This photo is me visiting my friend's family in Hong Kong back when I was in college. I'm a little older now.

I have pictures and stories about some of my travels on my external web site.

My Early Years of Overseas Travels

I was very lucky in my youth because my dad worked for an airline which gave me a free pass.

I was 17 on my first overseas trip without my parents. I was able to keep my pass after age 21 by being in grad school. Unfortunately, I have to pay for flights or use frequent flyer miles once I was out of college. But that didn't stop me. I took about 9 trips to Asia between 1989 and now without my airline pass. I also went to Costa Rica and back to Europe a few times.

My first trip was to the UK. Actually to Ireland because the flights to London were full and the pass requires me to fly standby. I took a boat/train to London. It was go good lesson in being flexible which you need when traveling.

My second trip was to Hong Kong. Why HK you ask? Because it was the end of the line. As far as I could go at that time until the airline started flying across the Pacific. Yes, I had to fly through Europe to get to HK. Two Boeing jets and 5 or 6 stops! Today you can fly nonstop form NY. I was still in high school being young and innocent and pre-booked a room at the HK Hilton. My travels turned more adventurous over time.

I planed to stop in Rome on the way back but the flights from Athens to Rome were full so I got off in Greece. More lessons on being flexible and spontaneous. Definite requirements for adventurous travel.

HK and Greece turned out to be my most favorite places at that time. I've been to both too many times to count. Unfortunately I only have been back to HK once and Greece twice since my college days. Too many other places I have not see yet!

Bike trip in mainland China

See my external web site for story and more pictures.

• Intro Updated May 13, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
MikeySoft's Profile Photo

MikeySoft

“See the world before you leave it. :)”

Real Name