"A Short Trip to Amsterdam" Amsterdam by Arfah
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,688 reviews and 22,711 photos
I've heard interesting stories about Amsterdam from my husband and friends. Hearing is not enough, so I thought why not check it out myself. So, in May this year I went for a short trip to Amsterdam with my husband and my mum. It wasn't the first for my husband, so he wasn't that excited...ha3. Never mind, I was...and my mum too was very excited.
We were in Assen before visiting a friend, and after only one night there....we took the train back to Amsterdam. We stayed in this lovely water city for two nights before continuing our journey to Paris. In a short time, we've managed to check out a few places around the city:
Koninklijk Palais (unfortunately it was under construction)
The famous Red Light District
Sex Museum (yup, I dragged my mum along...she's very cool with it)
We had the chance to go on a Canal Cruise too. It was great!!! I can't remember how long the cruise was, but it was wonderful...really. I'll write more about it in things to do.
I remember once I was in Tioman Island with my best buddy, Jaja. We were having dinner by the beach when two male tourists from Holland who happened to be sharing our table asked us if we have been to Holland? Of course back then the answer was no. The two good looking guys further said 'you should go to Holland one day, it's lovely there'. We nodded our head. Huh, too bad none of us asked for their contact numbers...otherwise we could be meeting up in Dam Square :)
During our visit, the weather was quite cold and windy. Coming from a country with humid weather, it was a challenge for me. It's fine when there's no wind, but once the wind blow and keep on blowing...wow, it's cold. On the third day in Amsterdam I went to a pharmacy to get some medicine for my bad running nose and minor fever...ha3.
Getting around the city wasn't difficult at all. Plenty of trams everywhere and walking was easy from not too faraway places from another.
Leaving without souvenirs was a no-no. As remembrance we got ourselves some souvenirs: wooden tulips, ceramic clogs, miniature windmill, fridge magnets and some t-shirts which I love wearing them ever since I got back:)
Too bad I didn't get to check out Keukenhof or more places in Netherlands. My husband was a bit skeptical about flowers. So, I think I will have to come again one day...to see more of the lovely Dutch country :)
- Pros:It's very calm here, love it :)
- Cons:None that I can think of :)
- In a nutshell:Amsterdam made me want to go to Venice!!!
It's definitely a memory I won't forget. On the day I was departing to Paris, it was raining outside and I badly need... more travel advice
On a windy day, while walking the busy street of Amsterdam...eating fries would be nice to keep warm, ha3. Yep, it was... more travel advice
Arfah's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ubud Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Terengganu Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Lang Tengah Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Singapore Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Kuta Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 22 reviews, 5 photos