"Cherating in September" Top 5 Page for this destination Cherating Beach by Arfah

Cherating Beach Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 196 photos

Journey to Cherating

It was just a weekend getaway for me and a few of my cousins. We left the KL's bustling life on Friday morning...hit the highway, later exit to Kuantan using the old road n came in to Jengka area. I was in Jengka for about 3 years, studying. Though we were just passing by the area...it was enough for me to reflect the memories I had there.

There's plenty of trees n villages n some villagers selling fruits n vegetables along the street to Kuantan...made us busy looking out...none of us slept the entire journey. Well, I guess we'll be missing all the scenary if we sleep all the way!!!

From Kuantan to Cherating...there's many more stalls along the streets... villagers selling "keropok" ... I suppose we can call it "chips" made from various type of fish, one of Malaysia's famous n must try delicacies.

Hello Cherating...

There's not much different from my previous visit long before this. The place is almost the same as ever.

We stayed at "Duyong Resort"...somehwere towards the end of Cherating. It's surrounded by villages. There's a stretch of shops selling beach wear, batik... a lot of them, restaurants, pubs n sundry shops.

The place is a few steps to the beach...not so bad. There's plenty of trees n plants here...calming but there's just too many mosquitos at night!!!

However, if you're expecting crystal clear water with white sandy beach... Cherating is not the place. The water is blue alright...but definitely not crystal clear n the sand is more of yellowish with plenty of crab holes along the beach.

Well, since monsoon is just around the corner, which is predicted to start somewhere end of October so the waves are quite strong n there were plenty of jelly fish in the water n on the beach itself. I guess they've been swept away by the strong waves. Poor jelly fishes.

Swimming was a no-no during my visit...we're all so upset. Oh well, just dipping in our foot n sitting by the beach was quite satifactory...at least we're there...far from KL's busy life.

Mac 2006 short visit to Cherating

Cherating is still the same as before.

Me n some friends went there for a few days just to be away from KL busy life. We took the new East-Coast highway...the journey was only 3 hours but the entire journey was a bit boring since there's nothing much to see along the highway...only trees n mountains.

You may want to consider taking the old road n pass Kuantan for more interesting stuff to see along the way, but need to be extra patience...it's a one lane road...so heavy loads lorries n other vehicles ahead of you can reallys slow you down...more...it'll take longer time to arrive.

Oh well, the overall short trip to Cherating was also enjoyable. We had fun...eating n just resting most of the time.

• Pros:very calming...relaxing...
  • Cons:plenty of mosquitos at night...very itchy bite
  • In a nutshell:a nice place to go for a VERY short holiday...
  • Last visit to Cherating Beach: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 20, 2006

Comments

Arfah

“traveling lifts my life”

Badges & Stats in Cherating Beach

Have you been to Cherating Beach?

Photos in Cherating Beach