"Escape to Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Lang Tengah by Arfah

Pulau Lang Tengah Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 221 photos

A sanctuary for privacy lovers

Lang Tengah, an island off the coast of Terengganu is sandwiched in between the ever so famous Perhentian and Redang Island. Lang Tengah is not as commercialize as Perhentian or Redang. However, those who seek privacy and an undisturbed getaway within a beautiful island with crystal clear water Lang Tengah may not disappoint you.

The island is accessible by boat from Merang Jetty, about 40-45 minutes drive from Kuala Terengganu.

The water here is so clear that you can see your own feet from above. However, must I remind you that the seabed of Lang Tengah is not as powdery as those in Perhentian or Redang. Swimming in Lang Tengah will require a lot of caution since most of the seabed is filled with dead corals/stones with quite a number of sea cucumber inhabiting them, but I didn't have any problem with that.

My husband and I...after wandering around the island finally we found a good swim spot, just few metres away on the right side of Lang Sari Resort. The water is as clear as the water in other parts of the island, but with very much less dead corals on the seabed. You may not like the spot immediately esp early in the morning or late afternoon, but around 10.00 am onwards up till few hours before sunsets it's definitely my ideal swim spot.

An island and a resort of my own :)

Before going to Lang Tengah, I told my husband how I wish to have my own island and my own resort in an island. People say 'be careful of what you wish'. Those were exactly what I got during my short holiday there...an island and a resort of my own!!! How wonderful :)

Originally we wanted to stay at D'Coconut Lagoon. It's a cool place and rates seemed very reasonable too, but we made reservation towards the last minute so the place was already swarmed up by early birds. So, we opted for Lang Sari Resort instead. It's not really like one of those 3/4/5 stars resort...it's very basic here...a clean room and a decent toilet with quite delicious meals were good enough for us considering the good package offered.

There were only few of us at Lang Sari Resort, that's why the place sort of 'became' mine...hahahahahaha and as for the island, like I said earlier it's not as famous as Perhentian or Redang, therefore not many people want or even thought of going here, but that's good for me...escape from too many people...what more to ask???

There are four resorts you can choose from: Redang Lang Resort, Lang Sari Resort, D'Coconut Lagoon and Sari Pacifica. Redang Lang Resort and Lang Sari offers basic facilities, nothing fancy. If you're looking for something almost to luxury...that would be Sari Pacifica with room rates as low as RM915 while D'Coconut Lagoon provides a very relaxing, cool and cozy ambience offering various resort facilities. Will definitely stay there one day :)

Good to know

We've learned through experience, it's always best to bring everything needed together for as long as they're not too heavy. So, we did and were very glad that we did.

The nearest and only shop is located at Redang Lang Resort, about 10 - 15 minutes walk from Lang Sari Resort. To get there you have to take the beach route which can be quite challenging since the two beaches in between Lang Sari and Sari Pacifica (on the other side) is separated by rocks...big and small. So, you need to walk up and down rocks to get to the shop.

Well, actually there's a short cut and much faster way to get there...by 'trespassing' Lang Sari and Sari Pacifica Resort through a not so thick jungle path that connects the two resorts. From Lang Sari just walk across its garden to the back...you'll see a path there...and after less than 5 min walk you're already at the back of Sari Pacifica. Hmmm...to be honest...hubby and I don't really fancy this 'short cut' since Sari Pacifica's backyard isn't that nice to see...we had to endure that ugly looking backyard before getting to the beach and Redang Lang....hahahahaha. Anyway, there's a big signage 'no trespassing'...but we went through there once...or maybe twice.

It was definitely a good experience 'having my own island and resort'...a dream coming true. Something that I will never get if I choose Redang or Perhentian, but those two islands have its own uniqueness too. So, for those who prefers a place where the beach, resort and even island could be yours....check out Lang Tengah Island :)

• Pros:Less people here...I love it :)
  • Cons:dead corals/stones along the beach...also in the water...watch your steps!!!
  • In a nutshell:An escape to my own paradise!!!
  • Last visit to Pulau Lang Tengah: Jul 2010
  • Intro Updated Aug 16, 2010

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2010 at 12:34 AM

That looks really nice. I am sitting here planning a visit to Malaysia in december.

Arfah

“traveling lifts my life”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Lang Tengah

Have you been to Pulau Lang Tengah?

Latest Activity in Pulau Lang Tengah