"Langkawi" Pulau Langkawi by Arfah
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide: 1,358 reviews and 3,039 photos
Langkawi is an island located off the shores of the Northern Kedah State in Peninsular Malaysia. It's an island with many legends.
The most famous is the curse of Mahsuri. Mahsuri was a really beautiful lady. Many admire her, while others envy her beauty. Her mother-in-law was one of those people who don't like her very much, so she made a plan to get rid of Mahsuri...how very cruel of her. She accused Mahsuri of infidelity when her husband was not around...he went on a war. So, Mahsuri was found guilty and executed in public. Before she died, she placed a curse on Langkawi and its people...."Langkawi will not be prosperous for the next 7 generations''.
Well, I don't know whether that's true or not. Perhaps we all can go to Langkawi and ask around....
This was my fourth visit to Langkawi. I guess there's not much different now n then, except there's plenty more resorts n hotels around the island. At a point...there's just too much of chalets n resorts that you hardly see the beach.
If you're into shopping...Kuah Town in Langkawi is the right place for you. There're many shops selling so many stuff...not very easy to list down...whatever you want...just name it...perfumes...cameras... chocolates...handicraft... kitchen utensils...ciggarettes...n etc...after all it's a duty free island.
For those who adores real white sandy beaches n crystal clear water...won't really find it in Langkawi. However, it still offers a very peaceful n harmonious scenary...especially when you stay in resorts located at a more secluded beaches like Berjaya Resort located at Burau Bay, Awana Porto Malai at Tanjung Malai, near Pantai Tengah, The Datai at Datai Bay or other isolated resorts.
Pantai Chenang is one of the hot spot in Langkawi, but there's just so many chalets n resorts there...mostly made from bricks...if only they were all wooden based it might look nicer.
Other places you can visit are the Air Hangat Village where you'll find 3 tier hot springs, black sand beach, eagle square where a huge statue of a reddish brown eagle stood, 2.2 km cable car at Gunung Macincang, Pulau Singa Besar, Tanjung Rhu, Tasik Dayang Bunting and many ohter interesting places in Langkawi.
- Pros:still a nice place to go
- Cons:too commercialize...
- In a nutshell:resorts, chalets, hotels. shops outnumbered visitors...
Just looking out to the ocean makes me feel good...can just spent hours sitting n enjoying the view. If the beach is... more travel advice
Other than products made from gamat...you can also find other traditional products here such as 'bedak sejuk - powder... more travel advice
Arfah's Related Pages
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Langkawi - Historic Mythical Island"
- "LANGKAWI .WHERE THE HEART IS"
- "Pulau Langkawi"
- "Where heaven and earth meets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Langkawi
- Hotels in Pulau Langkawi
- Transportation in Pulau Langkawi
- Nightlife in Pulau Langkawi
- Restaurants in Pulau Langkawi
- Shopping in Pulau Langkawi
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Langkawi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Langkawi
- 23 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Pulau Langkawi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Langkawi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ubud Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Terengganu Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Lang Tengah Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Singapore Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Kuta Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 22 reviews, 5 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
Latest Pulau Langkawi hotel reviews
- Langkawi Lagoon Resort
- 218 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Tanjung Rhu Resort
- 637 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Mutiara Burau Bay Hotel
- 445 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Holiday Villa Hotel
- 652 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Semarak Langkawi Beach Resort
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Grand Beach Motel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 24, 2013
- Rasa Eksotika Vacation Home
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Federal Villa Beach Resort
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Kampung Tok Senik Hotel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Sunset Beach Resort
- 295 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- The Cabin Resort
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Melati Tanjung Motel
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Hotel Asia & Dormitory
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 5, 2013
- CD Motel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- Lagenda Permai Chalet
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2012