Pulau Tioman Transportation Tips by Arfah Top 5 Page for this destination
Pulau Tioman Transportation: 63 reviews and 39 photos
If you can't wait to step your feet on Tioman's ground...well...taking airplane is the answer..
Berjaya Air offer frequent flights departing from Subang airport, will take you directly to Tioman...to be specific it'll land at Tekek airport.
Prices for adult's return flight is RM428 (excluding tax) and RM214 for children (excluding tax).
Other Contact: http://www.berjaya-air.com/
My best friend, Jaja at the Jetty in Mersing
There're a few sea transport operators based a Mersing Jetty but through my experience n observation, many choose Bluewater n Auto Mersing.
There're 3 types of sea transport: Normal ferry, speed ferry and the speed boat but I prefer speed boat...you'll reach there fast (less than 2 hrs). The speed ferry n normal ferry usually take about 2 hours to reach Tioman..or sometimes longer.
The speed boat will cost you RM70 for return trip.
On windy days, waves are quite strong so ride on speed boats can be very bumpy...make sure you seat at the back. Another thing, water can get inside the boat so when the boatman tells you to keep your bags in this small compartment...make sure yours are on top...if you know what I mean...
The earliest speed boat heading for Tioman is at 7.30 a.m daily (that of course depends on the tide as well)... I had one experience when the tide was very low, the boat took off around 9...so be patience and always bring reading materials along...
If you're considering a much more cheaper transportation...you can take the bus..
Transnasional is one of the bus operators. Oh well, of course the bus won't take you straight to the island!!! From KL...you have to take the bus at Puduraya Bus Station (nearby the Chinatown/Petaling Street). The price is RM23 (one-way). The destination you're heading will be Mersing. Don't worry, the bus will stop right in front of the Mersing Jetty where the boats/ferries to Tioman take off.
The journey from KL to Mersing is about 5 hours. I would recommend you take the 11.30 p.m bus from KL...you'll reach Mersing Jetty at about 5.00 a.m...hang around for a cup of coffee or look for boat/ferry tickets... or just sleep at the jetty and depart by boats to the island around 7.30 a.m.
More Reviews (19)
- Almost Complete Mini Mart
- See All useful prices guide
- See All Be alert...be alert...
- See All Fantastic seafood noodle
Arfah's Related Pages
Pulau Tioman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nearest paradise from Singapore - Tioman Island"
- "IMPREXXION: PULAU TIOMAN"
- "Pulau Tioman"
- "Pulau Tioman - A Rustic Paradise"
- "PULAU TIOMAN"
- "The resting place for Dragon!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Tioman
- Hotels in Pulau Tioman
- Transportation in Pulau Tioman
- Nightlife in Pulau Tioman
- Restaurants in Pulau Tioman
- Shopping in Pulau Tioman
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Tioman
- See All...
Explore the World
- Stormsriviermond Hotels
- Saint Austell
- Orchha Hotels
- Adams Lake Hotels
- Mahdia Hotels
- City of Banjul
- Jadrolinija Ferry Boat or Katamaran
- Gibraltar Transportation
- Montpellier Transportation
- Portimão Transportation
- Lahti Transportation
- Terrace Transportation
- Richmond Transportation
- Provincia de Misiones Transportation
- Palawan Transportation
- Longsheng Transportation
- Colorado Transportation
- Prefecture of Florina Transportation
Badges & Stats in Pulau Tioman
- 22 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Pulau Tioman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Tioman
Photos in Pulau TiomanSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandung Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ubud Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Terengganu Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Lang Tengah Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Singapore Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Kuta Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 22 reviews, 5 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
Latest Pulau Tioman hotel reviews
- Paya Beach Resort
- 204 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Salang Pusaka Resort
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- JapaMala Resort
- 202 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Bagus Place Retreat
- 160 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- Bamboo Hill Chalets
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Panuba Inn Resort
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- Minang Cove Resort
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Salang Indah Resort
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Tioman Paya Resort
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Salang Sayang Resort
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 6, 2013