"Unique landscape, cute tarsiers" Province of Bohol by peluche35
Province of Bohol Travel Guide: 1,272 reviews and 4,405 photos
The Chocolate Hills is an unusual geological formation in Bohol, Philippines. It is composed of around 1,268 perfectly cone-shaped hills of about the same size, spread over an area of more than 50 square kilometers. They are covered in green grass that turns brown during the dry season, hence the name.
It´s real impressive, I had never seen such a beautiful scenery . How whimsical the nature can be at times?
The Philippine Tarsier, considered by some to be the smallest primate, is indigenous to the island
I won't forget their big eyes . No wonder they hunt at night.
The Sandugo was a blood compact performed in native-Bohol style between the traveling Spanish explorer Miguel López de Legazpi and Datu Sikatuna of Bohol on March 16, 1565 in the Philippines to seal their friendship as part of the native custom. The pact was entered into by López de Legazpi for the purpose of insuring friendly relations between the Spaniards and the natives. This is considered as the first international treaty of friendship between two people of different races, a Filipino and a Spaniard. "Sandugo" is a Visayan term meaning "one blood"
Few people in my country are familiar with this story that has some conection with the history of Spain. By traveling we can learn a lot of things or interesting stories like this
- Pros:It´s not crowded with people, Laid-back atsmosphere
- Cons:Maibe, some touts and con men around Tagbilaran City
- In a nutshell:You can't imagine the things you can discover by yourself
peluche35's Related Pages
Province of Bohol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOHOL, MY PLACE OF REFUGE AND SOLITUDE"
- "Cool BOHOL - Island Fun and Amazing Discoveries"
- "Bewitched in Bohol!"
- "BEAUTIFUL BOHOL"
- " B O H O L"
- "Paradise found in Bohol"
- "Home of the Tarsier and Chocolate Hills"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Bohol
- Hotels in Province of Bohol
- Transportation in Province of Bohol
- Nightlife in Province of Bohol
- Restaurants in Province of Bohol
- Shopping in Province of Bohol
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Bohol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Bohol
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Province of Bohol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Bohol
Photos in Province of BoholSee All Photos (3)
Top 5 Pages
- Estado de Zacatecas Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Singapore Intro, 3 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 3 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 3 photos
- Johannesburg Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.