"China's Hawaii?!?" Top 5 Page for this destination Xiamen by Marisola

Xiamen Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 670 photos

I was looking for a job for the summer of 2002 in China and chose a job in Xiamen, China. I had heard it was an island off the Southeast coast of China called "China's Hawaii," and thought of beaches and palm trees....

What I found there was actually a more commercial place with high-rises like Manhattan or Hong Kong!

Although it wasn't what I had expected, I loved it there!!! Be sure to look at my travelogue below on "My Life in China." China is great!!!

• Pros:Everything is cheap, city is vibrant and alive!
  • Cons:Very Hot and Crowded! Better Speak Chinese!
  • Last visit to Xiamen: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Aug 26, 2008

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Lovely place and pictures, but pl add more pics and text. Nice beach and cruise pictures. We too are planning a 10 days conducted to to China soon, may be next year.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2010 at 7:05 AM

Lovely page you have here, seems like you had a good time ;-)

• maysue's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Nice homepage. Haven't been part of this China. Anyway, thanks for the birthday wishes and new year greeting. Yes, I hope this would be a Bullish year for you and me! = )

• MikeySoft's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Wow, 5 top 5 pages, I only have 1 top 5 but I hope to get one for my Songpan, China page but I didn't live there. :) What were you doing on the radio?

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2008 at 12:32 PM

Good for you to have been able to spend time living there for a while!China is one of the loves of my life....!

• Jun 19, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Nice page

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2007 at 9:49 AM

With all due respect, your highness, it appears the royal fleet veered far off course as the island on the coast known as China's Hawaii is Hainan and not Xiamen.

Marisola