"City by the Lakes" Top 5 Page for this destination Whiting by Marisola

Whiting Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 192 photos

Parks and Lakes!

I live in a cute town called Whiting which is just over the border of Chicago. This quaint little town is surrounded by nature, with pretty lakes and parks. It's location is prime because it's close enough to the city, but without the city hassles. I love my town!

My Home Between Three Lakes

In Whiting, I live in a townhome between the three lakes. Wolf Lake is 2 blocks to the west, George Lake is 2 blocks to the southeast, and Lake Michigan is 2 miles due east.

These three lakes bring life and character to the town. I love going in the water and am often found taking walks or bikeriding on the various trails near the lakes. The views are very beautiful and even exotic.

Home Town Events!

In Whiting, there are nice events in town which I enjoy. One of them is called the "Garage Mahal," which is one day in May where many people in town have a garage or yard sale and sell their secondhand treasures. I'm always searching for something unique!!

Another event in Whiting area is the "Festival of the Lakes," formerly called "Augustfest." This is a carnival which is set up right next to Wolf Lake, where they have food, games, and rides; a beer garden, and a stage with free concerts. This year, I went to see War, REO Speedwagon, and Collective Soul there.

There is another famous festival in Whiting called the "Pierogi Fest," which is in July. This festival is to celebrate the famous Polish / Slovak culture by eating the foods, listening to the music and buying the crafts. There is also a funny parade which everyone enjoys coming to see.

This year at Pierogi Fest, I bought myself a Polish princess crown made of flowers from the Polish booth and a Polish flag. I also ate the Polish food everyday! Proud to be Polish?! You bet!

• Pros:Surrounded by Nature!
  • Intro Updated Oct 22, 2005

Marisola Used To Live Here!

Marisola

“Oktoberfest in Texas!”

Badges & Stats in Whiting

Have you been to Whiting?

Latest Activity in Whiting