Chicago Off The Beaten Path Tips by Marisola
Chicago Off The Beaten Path: 442 reviews and 678 photos
Winged Victory in Gold
You don't have to go all the way to the Louvre in Paris to see the famous Winged Victory of Samothrace. We have our own replica statue here in Chicago -- and it's in Gold! The Goddess of Victory (known as Nike, in Greek) is shown here in the form of a winged woman. It is located in the Citadel Center, at the northeast corner of the intersection of Dearborn and Adams. It is in the lobby area, so you can view it at any time. Venez voir! Come see!
St. Peter's Church
A beautiful church to visit, and a very spiritual place... Whether you're religious or not, you'll feel the positive energy in this peaceful church. I've been to a lot of churches, and this is the one I like best in Chicago, because of the feelings I get when I'm inside. Whenever I'm in the area, I always try to stop by to recollect my thoughts and stop the world for a minute. It's enlightening. The church also has a very beautiful altar and grand statues aligning the walls reminding us of the saints of long ago. I've also heard that you get a wish every time you visit a new church. It has worked for me! Why not try it yourself?
Other Contact: 110 West Madison St.
Mt. Carmel "Caravan"
Football (American football) is a very famous sport in the United States. If you can get the chance, you should try to see a game while you're here. I would recommend attending a high school game because it will cost a lot less, it will be a lot easier to get tickets, and it will be a lot more fun!
If you're visiting Chicago in the fall, look up any local high schools, there are bound to be some games playing in the area.
If you want to see a really great team, Mount Carmel High School has one of the best high school football teams around. They play at Gately Stadium on 103rd St. on the south side of Chicago. Go Caravan! Call or check their website for a schedule.
Dress warmly! It gets cold in the stands!!!
More Reviews (59)
- See All Old Town French!!!
- See All Day or Nighttime Hangout
- Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field!!!
- See All Largest Arena in USA!
- See All All Around the USA by Bus!
Marisola's Related Pages
Chicago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place I call home"
- "Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
- "Never A Lovely So Real"
- "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
- "Sweet Home Chicago!"
- "Chicago - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicago
- Hotels in Chicago
- Transportation in Chicago
- Nightlife in Chicago
- Restaurants in Chicago
- Shopping in Chicago
- Warnings and Dangers in Chicago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chicago
- 62 Reviews
- 189 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 52 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicago
Photos in ChicagoSee All Photos (189)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 62 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 21 reviews, 99 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beverly Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahaina Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whiting Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xiamen Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Champaign Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (49)
- Millennium Park- 92 Reviews, 261 Photos
- Navy Pier- 113 Reviews, 245 Photos
- Michigan Avenue- 81 Reviews, 128 Photos
- Willis Tower (Formerly Sears Tower)- 110 Reviews, 204 Photos
- Field Museum of Natural History- 69 Reviews, 133 Photos
- John Hancock Center- 102 Reviews, 184 Photos
- Shedd Aquarium- 57 Reviews, 112 Photos
- Art Institute- 95 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Chinatown- 15 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Adler Planetarium- 26 Reviews, 44 Photos
See All Chicago Things to Do