"Sweet Home Chicago!" Chicago by Marisola
Chicago Travel Guide: 5,908 reviews and 12,104 photos
Chicago is the 3rd largest city in the United States after New York and Los Angeles. It's "My Kind of Town" and "Sweet Home Chicago" -- Don't miss it!!!
BEST FREE TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
Lake Michigan and beach! - Many areas are great for walking, swimming and having a picnic!
Navy Pier - E. Illinois Ave. at Lake Michigan, has a beautiful view of the lakefront, many shops and cafes, a ferris wheel, Imax theatre, a stained glass museum >>See my tip! and a beautiful picturesque crystal garden with plants and fountains. It's one of my favorite places! Throw a penny in and make a wish here!
Buckingham Fountain - In Grant Park between Columbus and Lake Shore Drive. Patterned on the fountain in Versailles, but is twice as big! Runs May through September. Lights up at night, too! >>See My Tip!
Millenium Park - Michigan Ave. and Randolph St. Go for a walk in the garden. See the Big Bean. See the fountains. Have lunch in the park. There are also many different events and concerts held here! >>See My Tip!
>>See My Travelogue for photos, too!
Lincoln Park Zoo - 2200 N. Cannon Dr. - Oldest Zoo in the US!
>>See My Tip!
Lincoln Park Conservatory - Right next door to the gardens at the Lincoln Park Zoo. Beautiful plants!
Canal St. Market - Every Sunday on Canal St. and Roosevelt Rd. Lots of great deals!>>See My Tip!
Chinatown - Wentworth Ave, Cermak and 22nd St. Chinese shops and restaurants! My favourite Chinese restaurant, "Lao Sze Chuan" is here! >>See My Tip!
Greektown - Halsted St. - Greek shops, restaurants and night life! >>See My Tip!
Indian Alley - Devon at Western Ave. - Indian foods, movies, clothing and jewelry shops and great restaurants!
Picasso Sculpture - in front of the Dailey Center at 50 W. Washington, between Clark and State St. Many outdoor events here in the Plaza. I love Picasso, too! See photo.
Garfield Park Conservatory - 300 N. Central Park Ave. -- A beautiful world of plants! >>See My Travelogue!
Sears Tower - The tallest building in the world at 1,454 ft., Wacker Dr. and Adams.
Water Tower - Michigan Ave. and Pearson - One of the oldest and prettiest buildings in Chicago! Take some photos here.
Water Tower Place - Shopping mall on Michigan Avenue! Many floors of shopping...
John Hancock Building - 1,127 ft. tall. Great observatory! Famous Signature Room bar and restaurant on the 95th floor. >>See my tip! 875 N. Michigan Ave. and Pearson.
Art Institute of Chicago - 111 S. Michigan Ave., Beautiful art museum. Wonderful exhibits, impressionist art, Chagall windows, Thorne Miniature rooms, paperweight collection, etc. >>See My Tip!
Field Museum - See dinosaurs here. I saw the Pompeii exhibit on Jan 11th! Roosevelt and Lakeshore Dr.
Museum of Science and Industry - 57th St. and Lake Shore Dr. Walk into a human heart, see body slices, unborn babies and baby chicks!
Shedd Aquarium - Fish, sharks, dolphins, etc. 1200 S. Lake Shore Dr.
Adler Planetarium - See the stars and a great exhibit on the planets. 1300 S. Lake Shore Dr.
Wrigley Field - Home of the Chicago Cubs! Go here to see a Cubs baseball game! If you can't get tickets, just take a photo in the front at Addison and Clark.
Hope to meet you soon!
- Pros:It has everything...but parking!!!
- Cons:Winter weather, attitudes, parking!
- In a nutshell:It's a Beautiful Day in Chicago!
Traditional delicious French bistro cuisine is served at Bistro Margot. For starters, there is French country pate,... more travel advice
Northside is a great bar for eating and drinking for any time of the day. It has a fun, lively atmosphere. This is a... more travel advice
- See All Largest Arena in USA!
- See All All Around the USA by Bus!
- See All Everything here!
- See All German Winter Market!
Marisola's Related Pages
Chicago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place I call home"
- "Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
- "Never A Lovely So Real"
- "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
- "Sweet Home Chicago!"
- "Chicago - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicago
- Hotels in Chicago
- Transportation in Chicago
- Nightlife in Chicago
- Restaurants in Chicago
- Shopping in Chicago
- Warnings and Dangers in Chicago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chicago
- 62 Reviews
- 189 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 52 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicago
Photos in ChicagoSee All Photos (189)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 62 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 21 reviews, 99 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beverly Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahaina Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whiting Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xiamen Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Champaign Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue