"Sweet Home Chicago!" Chicago by Marisola

Chicago Travel Guide: 5,908 reviews and 12,104 photos

Lakefront View...

Chicago is the 3rd largest city in the United States after New York and Los Angeles. It's "My Kind of Town" and "Sweet Home Chicago" -- Don't miss it!!!

BEST FREE TOURIST ATTRACTIONS

Lake Michigan and beach! - Many areas are great for walking, swimming and having a picnic!

Navy Pier - E. Illinois Ave. at Lake Michigan, has a beautiful view of the lakefront, many shops and cafes, a ferris wheel, Imax theatre, a stained glass museum >>See my tip! and a beautiful picturesque crystal garden with plants and fountains. It's one of my favorite places! Throw a penny in and make a wish here!

Buckingham Fountain - In Grant Park between Columbus and Lake Shore Drive. Patterned on the fountain in Versailles, but is twice as big! Runs May through September. Lights up at night, too! >>See My Tip!

Millenium Park - Michigan Ave. and Randolph St. Go for a walk in the garden. See the Big Bean. See the fountains. Have lunch in the park. There are also many different events and concerts held here! >>See My Tip!
>>See My Travelogue for photos, too!

Lincoln Park Zoo - 2200 N. Cannon Dr. - Oldest Zoo in the US!
>>See My Tip!

Lincoln Park Conservatory - Right next door to the gardens at the Lincoln Park Zoo. Beautiful plants!

Canal St. Market - Every Sunday on Canal St. and Roosevelt Rd. Lots of great deals!>>See My Tip!

Chinatown - Wentworth Ave, Cermak and 22nd St. Chinese shops and restaurants! My favourite Chinese restaurant, "Lao Sze Chuan" is here! >>See My Tip!

Greektown - Halsted St. - Greek shops, restaurants and night life! >>See My Tip!

Indian Alley - Devon at Western Ave. - Indian foods, movies, clothing and jewelry shops and great restaurants!

Picasso Sculpture - in front of the Dailey Center at 50 W. Washington, between Clark and State St. Many outdoor events here in the Plaza. I love Picasso, too! See photo.

Garfield Park Conservatory - 300 N. Central Park Ave. -- A beautiful world of plants! >>See My Travelogue!

Other Important Attractions

Sears Tower - The tallest building in the world at 1,454 ft., Wacker Dr. and Adams.

Water Tower - Michigan Ave. and Pearson - One of the oldest and prettiest buildings in Chicago! Take some photos here.

Water Tower Place - Shopping mall on Michigan Avenue! Many floors of shopping...

John Hancock Building - 1,127 ft. tall. Great observatory! Famous Signature Room bar and restaurant on the 95th floor. >>See my tip! 875 N. Michigan Ave. and Pearson.

Art Institute of Chicago - 111 S. Michigan Ave., Beautiful art museum. Wonderful exhibits, impressionist art, Chagall windows, Thorne Miniature rooms, paperweight collection, etc. >>See My Tip!

Field Museum - See dinosaurs here. I saw the Pompeii exhibit on Jan 11th! Roosevelt and Lakeshore Dr.

Museum of Science and Industry - 57th St. and Lake Shore Dr. Walk into a human heart, see body slices, unborn babies and baby chicks!

Shedd Aquarium - Fish, sharks, dolphins, etc. 1200 S. Lake Shore Dr.

Adler Planetarium - See the stars and a great exhibit on the planets. 1300 S. Lake Shore Dr.

Wrigley Field - Home of the Chicago Cubs! Go here to see a Cubs baseball game! If you can't get tickets, just take a photo in the front at Addison and Clark.

Coming to Chicago?!

Hope to meet you soon!

• Pros:It has everything...but parking!!!
  • Cons:Winter weather, attitudes, parking!
  • In a nutshell:It's a Beautiful Day in Chicago!
  • Intro Updated Aug 6, 2011

• S.VTM's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2012 at 4:56 AM

Nice city and very nice because of you ,,, wish luck

• Luiz's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Missing Chicago!!! Great city!

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2011 at 2:13 AM

The day that Belgium stops existing I know where to immigrate and eat "moules frites" mussels with Belgian fries. We produce a lot of beer in Belgium but no HOP anymore (same word in Flemish).

• besal's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Never got the opportunity to visit the windy city. Thanks for sharing. Chocolate and Pineapple martinis (shaken, not stirred I presume) and is there an olive or lemon twist in it?

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Marie, So a birthday and anniversary celebration. How much did you end up eating BURP! This Chicago Meeting in June is in full swing. Check out all the meeting pages with activities. Hope you can join us.

• acommon1's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Wow! Well done. Awesome view of Chicago. Totally impressed with your write up.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Beautiful new additions. I think I have visited some of them before! But the description was very interesting. Just start from one....

• ChrisPlus's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Marie Enjoyed your description of the various attractions in Chicago. I will definitely enjoy them next week,

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Great food tips, I can almost taste that warm brie and other delectable goodies ;-)

• trav4bus's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Stunning

Marisola Lives Here!

Marisola

“Oktoberfest in Texas!”

Badges & Stats in Chicago

Have you been to Chicago?

Latest Activity in Chicago