"University City!" Top 5 Page for this destination Champaign by Marisola
Champaign Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 85 photos
I'm very impressed by this small town city. At only 2 1/2 hours drive from Chicago, it's like another world down there! Their world is the University of Illinois!
Dominated by the university life, this town is young, vibrant, alive, interesting and outgoing! Everywhere you go, there are students, working, studying, reading, hanging out, and having fun. It's a conducive place to study, and a nice place to visit, too!
The Alma Mater Statue welcomes students to the University. It is located at the west gateway to the University on Green and Wright Streets. Designed by University graduate Lorado Taft, the statue was unveiled on June 12, 1929. The inscription reads: To thy happy children of the future those of the past send greetings.
Called the Illini Union, it is considered one of the most significant buildings on campus, because of its location, character, quality, and use. Excellent place for students to study, read and hang out. I've also heard it's the best place for napping!
Want to know more about the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana? Check out their website: http://www.uiuc.edu/
- Pros:Young, friendly, vibrant, interesting town!
- Cons:Meter parking
A nice place to hang out, read the newspaper, people watch, or sit and think... more travel advice
The Krannert Center is a grand showcase for the performing arts. It has many different acts in four different venues.... more travel advice
Marisola's Related Pages
Champaign Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "University City!"
- "New Adventures in the Midwest"
- "Champaign: Illinois' second city"
- "Beautiful Campus of University of Illinos"
- "Five Months in Champaign!"
- "Urbana-Champaign, Illinois"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Champaign
- Hotels in Champaign
- Transportation in Champaign
- Nightlife in Champaign
- Restaurants in Champaign
- Shopping in Champaign
- Warnings and Dangers in Champaign
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Champaign
- 8 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Champaign?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Champaign
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 62 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 21 reviews, 99 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beverly Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahaina Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whiting Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xiamen Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Champaign Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
Latest Champaign hotel reviews
- I Hotel & Conference Center
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Value Place Champaign
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Champaign-Urbana Hotel
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Econo Lodge
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Fairfield Inn Champaign
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013