"Historical Atchison" Atchison by JEH15343
Atchison Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 68 photos
Atchison is a great place to go see and learn history. We got to see many historic homes, including the one Amelia Earhart was born in.
There is also a lot of beautiful scenery around Atchison. The Missouri River provides a beautiful backdrop to the city.
Atchison is of course known as the birthplace of Amelia Earhart. Most everything in the city has some sort of affiliation with her or flying.
- Pros:Historical, Reasonably Priced
- Cons:Small, not much shopping, stinky alcohol factory
- In a nutshell:History flies above Atchison Kansas!
You will definitely need a car to explore Atchison, as many of the sights are spread out. A nice alternative is the... more travel advice
JEH15343's Related Pages
Atchison Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A time less travelled"
- "Valentine's Day Traveling"
- "Atchison, Kansas - Home of Amelia Earhart"
- "hockalocker's new Atchison Page"
- "Historical Atchison"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Atchison
- Hotels in Atchison
- Transportation in Atchison
- Restaurants in Atchison
- Warnings and Dangers in Atchison
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Atchison
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Atchison?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Atchison
- Weston Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Atchison Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Las Vegas 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Kansas City 1 review
No friends yet.
Latest Atchison hotel reviews
- St. Martin's B&B
- 1 Review & Opinion