"Chiang Khong - Thailand Border along Mekong" Chiang Khong by neogary
Chiang Khong Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 38 photos
I was at Chiang Khong at around 8.30pm, straight bus from Chiang Mai. Small town in my opinion, didn't plan to stay there long anyway, just another transit point to Laos, guess most travellers do that.
Was really a sleepy place, not much traffic, not many locals around too, maybe it's because its too early. And i got to take a boat to Laos soon, so can't tell more.
Just a 3 mins boat ride apart, its laos, it's so close that i can really hear the cocks crowing in the morning over in Laos., and of course the music that they play over some loudspeaker is really clear.
Steeping off point to Laos, Chiang khong immigration with 2 counters. Go early to avoid crowds during peak season. Just... more travel advice
neogary's Related Pages
Chiang Khong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Head for the border."
- "Gateway to Indo-China"
- "Chiang Khong and Joo"
- "Chiang Khong - Thailand Border along Mekong"
- "Thailand fietsen"
- "Got visa for Laos here"
- "A Trip Form Chiang Mai to Chian KHong"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiang Khong
- Hotels in Chiang Khong
- Transportation in Chiang Khong
- Restaurants in Chiang Khong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiang Khong
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Chiang Khong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiang Khong
Photos in Chiang KhongSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Laos Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Ko Lanta Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Chiang Khong Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Phuket Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Sydney Intro, 1 review, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phnom Penh Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Singapore Intro, 3 photos