"AUTHENTIC" Attapu by AshleeS

Attapu Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 11 photos

DIFFERENT THAT"S FOR SURE

This place was crazy. A Unicef truck was actually in this location. There is absolutely nothing here. It took a long time to drive to and nothing to see or do but only to feel the experience. And that is was. There were no tourists here at all, there was one guy who looked like he knew the way around that land but he was a tourist. Funny enough we happened to go on the one night there was this conference there and there is only one guesthouse. It reminded me of the movie the beach. It was so dirty, quit the experience if I do say so myself. Once we stepped out of the van we got approached by these people who were selling things. We could tell from driving around there wasn't much so I decided to purchase some fabric that was probably over priced by there standards but oh well. When I move out I will have to find a place for it. In the morning we woke up and our group went for breakfast while me and my brother walked around to see what this town had to offer. We stumbled across this little market with a colorful aray of fruits and veggies and so many other things. Now my brother and I both tall, white and blonde kinda stook out. We took what Loa we learned from the trip and got ourselves some breakfast. It was funny to see the expresion of the locals when we did it. The group we were with got scared that we wouldn't be able to fend for ourselves so they came looking for us and we walked around a little more to pick up some snacks for the van ride. They had the best deep fried beef there, yummy with some sticky rice it was soooooo good.

• Last visit to Attapu: Dec 2005
  • Intro Written Jun 23, 2006

Comments

Attapu Travel Guide

AshleeS