"Something special about Beijing" China by Onedragon
China Travel Guide: 29,467 reviews and 82,907 photos
It was a beautiful clear day to be at the Great Wall of China.,as it lines the mountains with trails of many that have walked upon it this day and the many days before.
Something to see and make you wonder about if this has some sort of answer .
It can get crowded and take your attention away from any deeps thoughts, but keep looking cause those thoughts are priceless.
It truly is one of the Wonders of This World.. On August 2, 1368, Ming troops seized Dadu and renamed it Beiping (Northern Peace). Zhu Yuanzhang, the founding emperor of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), however, made Nanjing his first capital. Beginning in 1406, Emperor Yongle of the Ming Dynasty spent 15 years constructing walls 12 meters high and 10 meters thick at their base around the city of Beiping. The construction of palace buildings and gardens began in 1417 and was completed in 1420. The following year, Emperor Yongle formally transferred the capital from Nanjing to Beiping and, for the first time, named the city Beijing (Northern Capital).
I saw many offers of buses that cost around 250 rmb to get to the Wall. But I took a #5 for 5 rmb from Tianamen Square and transfered to another bus # 919 for 8 rmb to the Great Wall . I afterwards got onto a diiferent bus, which had karaoke videos and seemed to have a stronger air condition to it for 12 rmb transfering to the # 5 bus for 6 rmb and had a good time at doing it..*
If you go to the Summer Palace , please take the boat to the other side of the lake and see the rest of this huge resort. Not just a palace!!!
Please, Click the mouse on the picture to see a panorama view!!!!Admission Fee: CNY 25 (Nov. 1 to Mar. 31)
CNY 35 (Apr. 1 to Oct. 31)
Opening Hours: 07:00-17:00 (Nov. 1 to Mar. 31)
06:30-18:00 (Apr. 1 to Oct. 31)
Time for a Visit: One and a half hour
Bus Route: 907, 375, 801, 808, 732, 394, 718
- Pros:Beijing is wonderful in it's own way
- Cons:very smoggy
- In a nutshell:Don't miss the experience
A FUN AND MAYBE ONLY WAY TO TRAVEL OVER THE LAKE AT THE SUMMER PALACE IS TAKING THE DRAGON BOAT!! I LOVED THE COLORS... more travel advice
ONEOF THE NIGHTS I WAS IN BEIJING ..I HEARD A CHINESE ROCK BAND PLAYING IN ONE OF THE RESTAURANTS.. it is nice to... more travel advice
- See All MARVELOUS BEJING
- NO SMILES
- HACKY SACK AND OTHER HOBBIES
- More pictures of the Temple of Heaven...
- A tourist trap only if you let it be
- I GO FOR THE FOOD
Onedragon's Related Pages
China Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "China is wonderful!"
- "China - My Roots"
- "Paul2001's 34 Days in China!"
- "China by yourself, incredibly easy!"
- "China - the Middle Kingdom"
- See All...
- Things to Do in China
- Hotels in China
- Transportation in China
- Nightlife in China
- Restaurants in China
- Shopping in China
- Warnings and Dangers in China
- See All...
Badges & Stats in China
- 19 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to China?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in China
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 300 reviews, 1442 photos, 4 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 25 reviews, 124 photos
- China Intro, 19 reviews, 102 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 18 reviews, 92 photos
- Singapore Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Indonesia Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bregenz Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (87)
Top China hotels
- Shanghai Hotels
- 3044 Reviews - 8029 Photos
- Guangzhou Hotels
- 935 Reviews - 2101 Photos
- Beijing Hotels
- 6188 Reviews - 15389 Photos
- Shenzhen Hotels
- 464 Reviews - 1122 Photos
- Hangzhou Hotels
- 618 Reviews - 1822 Photos
- Zhuhai Hotels
- 119 Reviews - 285 Photos
- Sanya Hotels
- 95 Reviews - 324 Photos
- Qingdao Hotels
- 201 Reviews - 799 Photos
- Chengdu Hotels
- 602 Reviews - 1532 Photos
- Xi'an Hotels
- 1074 Reviews - 2921 Photos
- Suzhou Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 1113 Photos
- Yangshuo Hotels
- 608 Reviews - 1706 Photos
- Lijiang Hotels
- 567 Reviews - 1869 Photos
- Guilin Hotels
- 466 Reviews - 1224 Photos
- Foshan Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 104 Photos