"TURIN/TORINO ITALY" Torino by Onedragon
Torino Travel Guide: 746 reviews and 1,634 photos
IF YOU LIKE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT MYSTERIES ..MAYBE YOU WOULD BE INTO THIS ONE!!!!!!!If this is a burial wrapping -- and it is hard to imagine what else it might be -- we must confront a simple reality. Burial cloths do not survive tombs. Certainly, the only way that this burial cloth could exist is if it was separated from the body before decomposing flesh ravaged it. That would happen within just a few days. And it goes without saying that the tomb must have been open in order to retrieve the cloth.For those who believe in the resurrection, the shroud can be exciting and mysterious. For those who wonder about the story, the shroud is something to think about............................... The Shroud remained with the de Charny family for about one hundred years. It then passed into the hands of the Savoy family. It remained a possession of the Savoy family until well into the 20th century when it was willed to the Pope in Rome.
Stunning developments between 2002 and 2005 provide new information. The shroud is possibly 2000 years old
. The scientific study of the Turin Shroud is like a microcosm of the scientific search for God: it does more to inflame any debate than settle it. . . .
And yet, the shroud is a remarkable artifact, one of the few religious relics to have a justifiably mythical status. It is simply not known how the ghostly image of a serene, bearded man was made.Not only does this show that the image on the Shroud is not a photograph or painting, it shows that something extraordinary occurred to form the image “ A determination of the kinetics of vanillin loss suggests that the shroud is between 1,300 and 3,000 years old. ”
THE MAJESTY OF THE MOUNTAINS THAT SURROUND TURIN/TORINO ARE A REASON TO ENJOY SPORTS WHETHER IT IS SUMMER OR WINTER... more travel advice
I HAD SOME WARM CLOTHES ...................HAVING COME FROM HAWAII..ONE DOESN'T ALWAYS TAKE REALLY HEAVY WARM CLOTHES... more travel advice
Onedragon's Related Pages
Torino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Torino aka Turin"
- "Torino - After the Olympics"
- "Torino, 2006 Winter Olimpics"
- "Turin - The Italian Job"
- "THE FIRST ITALIAN CAPITAL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torino
- Hotels in Torino
- Transportation in Torino
- Nightlife in Torino
- Restaurants in Torino
- Shopping in Torino
- Warnings and Dangers in Torino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torino
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Torino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torino
Photos in TorinoSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 300 reviews, 1442 photos, 4 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 25 reviews, 124 photos
- China Intro, 19 reviews, 102 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 18 reviews, 92 photos
- Singapore Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Indonesia Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bregenz Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos