"Sewell...But Not Really" Sewell by Sue08080

Sewell Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 4 photos

I live here...but I don't!

This area of New Jersey where I live has grown rapidly in the past few decades. Many houses were built on former peach orchards and farms. The small towns had trouble keeping up with the growth in population. Surrounding towns and postoffices were assigned the task of managing all the recent newcomers.

As a result I live in the Township of Washington, but my mailing address is the town of Sewell which is 7 miles away. It's strange and most confusing to everyone including me!

Although New Jersey is the most heavily populated state, there are large tracts of land, called the Pine Barrens, which are set aside as protected natural areas. Building in these areas is strictly regulated. It seems to be a successful preservation effort.

As a transplanted Pennsylvanian, I consider the entire area home...most especially Philadelphia!

• Intro Updated Jun 23, 2006

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Happy New Year from Wales to Featured Member! My sister lived in Allentown, but really Hamilton, Monmouth County NJ. It was really pretty all around there when I 1st went in the 70's and I loved it.

• SONG's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Happy Birthday......go to "the Shore" and enjoy the day!!!

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 3:21 AM

Gotta love Jersey. I grew up in Wall Township, and had a Neptune mailing address! We absolutely love the pine barrens, and spend most of our free time there.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2007 at 6:25 AM

Hi, Sue! It's been ages since our last conversation. Hope you are well. The pine barrens are so pretty--I don't think we ever saw them when living in New Jersey.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 5:06 AM

Hi! Long time, no hear. Just back from a recent weekend in NJ> always find amusing and wonderful things to explore. this time Jockey Hollow and Madison's museum. Hope you are well.

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 6:26 PM

It's great 2 learn abt d Township of Washington. There are places in the Philippines that when sending snail mails you just put the name of the addressee & the name of the town. It's a wonder the letter's still received, but truly in a snail like manner.

• CC81's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2006 at 9:11 PM

Hey Sue, let me know when you are coming to Guatemala so we can meet!!

• fishandchips's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2006 at 3:07 PM

Enjoyed your hometown info :-)

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 12:00 PM

Looks so civilized and must be a great break from city life.

• TropicGirl77's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2006 at 7:54 PM

Susan, thanks for the birthday wishes! It was a busy day for sure, so chilling in the evening is DIVINE!! Aloha

Sue08080 Lives Here!

Sue08080

“An invisible thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or cicumstance.”

Badges & Stats in Sewell