"City of David" Bethlehem by Sue08080
Bethlehem Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 295 photos
On this traditional site of the birth of Jesus you can see a star with fourteen points. This represents the fourteen generations between Abraham and David, and the fourteen generations between David and Jesus.
The Church of the Nativity is an architectural mixture of many styles indicating its evolution over time... a door from the Byzantine era, an arch from the Middle Ages, a low Crusader door - built four feet high to prevent men from evtering on their horses.
Inside is a complex maze. To the right is a Greek Orthodox chapel and to the left is an Armenian one. Nearby is a small Franciscan area.
Down a narrow stairway is an underground chapel, marking the birthplace of Jesus. A small marble altar is tucked into... more travel advice
Sue08080's Related Pages
Bethlehem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Oh Little Town of Bethlehem...""
- "Bethlehem - little town in Palestine"
- "Behind the walls...."
- "Christmas in Bethlehem"
- "on the other side of the wall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bethlehem
- Hotels in Bethlehem
- Transportation in Bethlehem
- Restaurants in Bethlehem
- Shopping in Bethlehem
- Warnings and Dangers in Bethlehem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bethlehem
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bethlehem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bethlehem
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 33 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panajachel Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Giverny Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Assisi Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Bergen Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kirkenes Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos