"Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of" Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok by volopolo
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,535 reviews and 23,672 photos
Photo: Tuk Tuk in Chinatown, Bangkok
Bangkok - Krung Thep
Bangkok is also known as Krung Thep is one of Asia ’s most cosmopolitan cities.
The capital city of Thailand, the actual name in Thai is
Krungthepmahanakorn Amornrattanakosin Mahintrayuthaya Mahadilokpob Noparat Rajataniburirom Udomrajanivej Mahasatharn Amornpimarn Awatarnsatis Sakatadtiya Wisanukamprasit.
The english translation:
The city of angels, the great city, the residence of the Emerald Buddha, the impregnable city of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarn.
The Bangkok Province borders six other provinces:
Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Chachoengsao, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon and Nakhon Pathom.
Main Attractions of Bangkok
National Museum Na Phrathat Road
Royal Barges Museum On Bangkok Noi Canal
Museum of Imagery Technology
National Theatre Location: Na Phrathat Road
National Art Gallery Location: On Chaofa Road
See more Thailand in my vt pages:
Thailand, Samut Prakan, Petchaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Ayutthaya,
Kanchanaburi, Pattaya, Lopburi, Buriram, Nakhon Ratchasima
Pictures of Bangkok in the web:
Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Chinatown, Wat Benchamabovit, Suan Pakkad Palace
See great pictures of Bangkok in my Travelogues:
Bangkok Streets - Bangkok by Night - Bangkok Chao Praya River and Canals - Bangkok Baiyoke II Tower
Bangkok Ocean World - Bangkok Bridges - Bangkok Travel Bus - Bangkok Tuk Tuk - Bangkok Soi "The other Bangkok"
My favorite Wat - Temples in Bangkok
01. Wat Benchamabophit Si Ayutthaya Road
02. Wat Pho - Temple of Reclining Buddha Chetuphon Road
03. Wat Suthat Bamrung Muang Road
04. Wat Phra Kaeo - Temple of the Emerald Buddha
05. Wat Indravihan in the Bang Khun Phrom area on Wisutkasat Road
06. Wat Mahathat
07. Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn)
08. Wat Ratchabophit
09. Wat Thepthidaram
10. Wat Saket & Golden Mount
My favorite Museums and Palaces in Bangkok
01. Jim Thompson House
02. Suan Pakkad Palace
03. Royal Barges Museum
04. National Museum
05. Vinanmek Palace
06. Grand Palace
07. Kamthieng House
08. Prasart Museum
09. Royal Thai Air Museum
10. Erawan Museum
My favorite Skyscrapers in Bangkok
01. The Elephant Building
02. State Tower
03. Central World Hotel
04. Banyan Tree
05. Sathorn House
06. Q-House Lumpini
07. Centrepoint Ratchdamri
08. Millennium Residence
09. Vanit Tower
10. Las Colinas
- Pros:Museums, Wats-Temples, Monuments, Nightlife
- Cons:Traffic, this is a big problem for Bangkok
- In a nutshell:A lot to and to do and to do and to do and to do and.....
- See All How to use BTS Skytrain safely 2
- See All N5 Ratchawong Pier
- See All Construction City
- See All Phetchaburi
volopolo's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 216 Reviews
- 1,078 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 59 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 216 reviews, 1086 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 91 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Asia Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City 1 review