Destin Tourist Trap Tips by Aliseeya Top 5 Page for this destination
Destin Tourist Traps: 8 reviews and 3 photos
At several souvenir shops you can get a henna tattoo. These are NOT real henna tattoos. The henna is severely watered-down, and you'll be lucky if the tattoo lasts a week. They are relatively expensive to get (for how long they last!) and quickly wash off. A real henna tattoo should last at least a month.
Henna tattoos can be fun to get while on vacation, just don't expect it to last very long!
There are dophins everywhere in the Destin Harbor and bay. You do not need to go on a dolphin boat in order to see them! The Dolphin boats are very crowded, expensive, and do not even guarantee a dolphin siting.
Fun Alternatives: Instead of paying for a dolphin boat tour, I suggest renting jet-skis. You will have the same chance of spotting dolphins (you could simply follow the Dolphin tour boat around!!); in fact, I see dolphins almost every time I jet-ski in the bay.
And, if you do not get to see any dolphins (which possibility anyway on the big boat tour), and least you will have a TON of fun! Jet-Skis are a blast to ride on, and you'll get your money's worth
If you have little kids, I would take them to the Gulfarium instead of on a dolphin boat tour. The Gulfarium will give them closer look at dolphins, is less expensive, and a more enjoyable activity.
Wow. Okay, first let me say that the Walmart in Destin is unlike anything I've ever seen. Not only is it your typical walmart, but it has an enormous touristy section! This section contains rows upon rows of cheap shell souvenirs, racks of hats, t-shirts, etc, and the mighty air-brushing station.
I know these T-shirts look like a great idea...but please refrain from buying one. Not only will all the locals laugh at you, but you'll end up spending $40+ on a cheap t-shirt that will FADE after one wash.
Unique Suggestions: If you must get an airbrushed T-shirt...don't go to Walmart. Other souvenir stores have much cuter designs, and aren't as crowded (such as Alvin's Island). Wal-mart is an absolute ZOO, I would avoid it as much as possible.
Fun Alternatives: Instead of a tacky shirt that will be ruined after one wash, get a cute Destin T-shirt. They are a lot cheaper, and will last longer. There is a wide varierty of adorable Destin shirts located in all the souvenir shops along Hwy 98. In addition, there is a store called Distincively Destin located in Destin Commons which has cute souvenir shirts for the whole family.
More Reviews (70)
- See All The Zoo
- See All Acme Oyster House
- See All Taxi's in Destin
- See All Barley's
- See All Rip Tide
- See All Destin Public Library
Aliseeya's Related Pages
Destin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Emerald Coast"
- "destin florida"
- "Welcome to the Emerald Coast"
- "Beaches of Destin"
- "Divine Destin"
- "Destin Florida will forever be our "love nest"."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Destin
- Hotels in Destin
- Transportation in Destin
- Nightlife in Destin
- Restaurants in Destin
- Shopping in Destin
- Warnings and Dangers in Destin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Destin
- 73 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Destin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Destin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Destin Intro, 73 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos
- Dublin Intro, 26 reviews, 24 photos
- Belfast Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Cambridge Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Inverness 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Paradise Island 4 reviews
- Haiti Intro, 3 photos
- Waterford Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Inveraray 2 reviews, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Beach Activities- 23 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Dolphins- 9 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Crab Island- 5 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Parasailing- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Big Kahunas Water Park- 2 Reviews, 1 Photo
- Air Force Armament Museum- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Wild Willy's Adventure Zone- 2 Reviews, 1 Photo
- LTD Watersports- 1 Review, 3 Photos
- The Track- 2 Reviews
- Silver Sands Factory Stores- 1 Review
See All Destin Things to Do