"Belize" Top 5 Page for this destination Belize by Aliseeya

Belize Travel Guide: 2,591 reviews and 5,512 photos

Belize

My husband and I traveled to Belize for our one-year wedding anniversary and loved every bit of it; from the warm and friendly people to the amazing Mayan ruins.

Mayan Ruins

During our stay in Belize we went to Tikal (which is in Guatemala), Caracol, and Xunantunich. Tikal was certainly the most impressive -- we spent an entire day there hiking up the ruins and learning about the Mayan culture. Our guide - Ruben - was Mayan and could speak three different Mayan languages. He was very passionate about the spirituality and culture of the Mayan people, and taught us a lot. Caracol and Xunantunich were both smaller sites that Tikal, but still memorable and fun. At Caracol (which is the biggest Mayan city in Belize), I hiked to the top of a giant ruin, and there at the top was a group of howler monkey sleeping in a nearby tree!

• Last visit to Belize: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 27, 2005

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2012 at 8:36 AM

nice page

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 9:36 AM

Came back to reread your Belize pages. Nice job!! That river resort looks like just the ticket to shake the winter blues. Birthday Greetings from Alaska!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2006 at 6:26 PM

nice tips

• BarryAir's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2006 at 4:55 AM

Too bad they didnt have "escalater" technology back then to get up dem ruins! Crusing down from Nawlins the week after Mardi Gras. Barry in Louisiana (disaster area)

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2006 at 2:46 AM

Thank for the comments about Belize. Unlike you, however, I love snakes, and don't even object to spiders. The chance to see one such as your picture shows would be great. Thanks for sharing. Oh, WHEN is the dry season there? gracias, joe

• kid-keith's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2006 at 7:18 AM

Nice page on Belize, my friend is being stationed there with the British Army soon. Take care.

• tahoesasha's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Great page! My primary attraction to Belize is the indigenous zoo but it sounds like there is much more to it!

• EliseB's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2006 at 10:40 AM

My husband and I just came back from a wonderful 3 week trip to Belize in March 2006. We REALLY needed bug spray for the mosquitos and sand flies (by the beaches). We LIVED in our lightweight long sleeve traveling shirt and pants.

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2006 at 4:42 AM

The Mayan ruins look awesome! Blu

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2006 at 10:10 AM

This is an excellent page on your time in Belize! Thanks for the many very useful tips and amazing photos! My wife and I are booked for 3 weeks there starting this week. While in Cayo, will be staying near your resort at the Trek Stop!

Badges & Stats in Belize