"Spectacular Extravaganza !" Putrajaya by gnh
Putrajaya Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 369 photos
What is this ? A spaceship ?
NO NO, a big hall - for meetings.
Putrajaya -- the new Administrative Capital of Malaysia. But many foreign embassies are not too keen on shifting here as the atmosphere is too artificial and the local people are not ready to blend in with this sort of architecture.
Putrajaya is about 50 km from Kuala Lumpur, which istill by far the more attractive tourist destination.
Can you imagine no miniskirts, no shopping, no night life, no loving couples in a so-called modern city ?
It appears great, but then, it's humans who ultimately determine whether a place is welcoming and popular with visitors - not the buildings !
Still, worth a visit if you have more than 2 or 3 days to spend around the KL Airport and Kuala Lumpur ..............
Someone's got an ultra big house ............
It's the Prime Minister's Office + Residence.
Wisely open to the public to gawk and gape at, otherwise they would be grumbling over the enormous expenses involved in building AND maintaining this place !
;Who says Malaysia is a developed country ? Far from it ! Pockets of intensive development are present but generally, Malaysia is a Developing Country, though with much pretense..
Doesn't look like a bridge ?
Well, it IS a bridge. The supposrts look slanted -- the Leaning Bridge Of Putrajaya ?
Who's the architect ? Perhaps you can explain the rationale of this design ?
- Cons:Out Of Place
- In a nutshell:Does Not Fit ............ For Now
Putra Perdana is the palatial building housing the Prime Minister's Department, and official residence. more travel advice
Written Sep 2, 2005
The Putrajaya Convention Centre
Written Nov 20, 2007
gnh's Related Pages
Putrajaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Administrative Capital of Malaysia"
- "PUTRAJAYA - government administration centre"
- "Putrajaya Malaysia"
- "A New Federal Teritory...PUTRAJAYA"
- "THE PRINCE AS IT IS!!!!"
- "Putrajaya - New Capital"
- "The path to the new city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Putrajaya
- Hotels in Putrajaya
- Transportation in Putrajaya
- Nightlife in Putrajaya
- Restaurants in Putrajaya
- Shopping in Putrajaya
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Putrajaya
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Putrajaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Putrajaya
Photos in PutrajayaSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 100 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Perak Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ayer Tawar Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 31 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 17 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Pulau Pinang Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues