"Kg Baru (L) Ayer Tawar" Kampong Baharu by gnh
Kampong Baharu Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
The (L) stands for Lumut ...........
Now it seems to be Laut ( Sea ) because this village is by the sea - actually the Manjung River ( formerly Dindings River )
Before the roads and new bridge was built, people here used to travel by boat to Lumut, 5 km downstream, and it became part of Lumut. The road journey was around 30km.
Now the journey to Lumut is 12 km while Ayer Tawar is 15 km away.
The new university of marine engineering is being built near Kg Baru (L)
Universiti Kejuruteraan Marin
This new bridge over the Manjung River makes the journey to Pantai Remis and Taiping to Lumut, Seri Manjung and Sitiawan much shorter.
- Pros:Peace and Quiet All Around You
- Cons:Boredom Rules
- In a nutshell:A Riverine Village
gnh's Related Pages
Kampong Baharu Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Baharu
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kampong Baharu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Baharu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 100 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Perak Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ayer Tawar Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 31 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 17 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Pulau Pinang Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues