"Jertih" Jertih by gnh
Jertih Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 13 photos
Jertih is 15 minutes by car from Kuala Besut, the coastal Trengganu fishing village.
Further inland, at Kg Bt 13, is one of the most amazing phenomenon ( and rather unknown ) in Malaysian culture.
Here is the sanctuary of Ayah Pin and his disciples.
Here is what you see when you finally come to the commune of Ayah Pin ! Alice In Wonderland ? Disneyland ?
The place is called The Sky Kingdom.
There is also a giant umbrella, and boat, all part of the imposing structures built on just 1 hectare.
They have their Prayer Sessions on Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings, so perhaps you can try to drop in at those times.
Entry is permitted to well-wishers, but they would not allow government people who try to harrass and disrupt their activities.
Today's ( 04 July 2005 ) local newspaper The Star is reporting that the followers of Ayah Pin have been arrested by police, but Ayah Pin himself has not been caught.
Freedom of worship in Malaysia ? You can judge for yourself.
gnh's Related Pages
Jertih Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jertih
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Jertih?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jertih
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 100 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Perak Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ayer Tawar Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 31 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 17 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Pulau Pinang Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues