"A Little Surprise ~!" Sarikei by gnh
Sarikei Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 36 photos
A town of perhaps 30 000 people. Centre of an agricultural, mostly pepper-growing area.
Mostly Chinese traders in town, and the Fuzhou people of MinChiang and Gutian backgrounds are the farmers around it.
And then, the indigenous Melanau ( Christian and Muslim ) and Ibans ( mostly Christians ) dominate the rural areas.
Catholic Church at Sarikei, easily visible when you drive into town.
The Waterfront also has a beautifully landscaped park.
- Pros:Small and Compact
- Cons:After the Meal, What Else To Do ?
- In a nutshell:A Little Surprise !
You can take the Bus to Kuching, Sibu and onwards to Bintulu and Miri too. more travel advice
Many of the Chinese retain their traditional religious beliefs. Many temples around Sarikei testify to that. more travel advice
gnh's Related Pages
Sarikei Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sarikei
- 7 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Sarikei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sarikei
Photos in SarikeiSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 100 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Perak Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ayer Tawar Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 31 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 17 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Pulau Pinang Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues