"Welcome To Lumut" Top 5 Page for this destination Lumut by gnh
Lumut Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 213 photos
This hill greets you upon arrival at Lumut.
Go straight to the ferry, or turn right to drive through the seaside road.
Lumut is where the Royal Malaysian Navy has its base, so be prepared for big surprises in a little place.
No wonder tourists love Lumut.
It's so quiet after the morning rush hour - 7 30 - 8 am when the Navy personnel rush to work through this road.
You can imagine how it was 40 years ago before the Naval Base came to town.
Though not as exciting as Penang, Kuching or K Kinablu waterfronts, the Lumut Waterfront is surprisingly aesthetic and modernistic.
In the background, is the Naval Base, and further behind that, Pangkor Island.
You take the ferry to Pangkor, from Lumut. ...
- Pros:Calming Effect On Jarred Nerves
- Cons:All Over In 15 min
- In a nutshell:Modern Compact Tourist Town
gnh's Related Pages
Lumut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome To Lumut"
- "Lumut - more than just a hop off point to Pangkor"
- "LUMUT...transit point for Pangkor Island"
- "..relaxing getaway.."
- "A sleepy town named Lumut"
- "Jennifer in Lumut"
- "Lumut and Sitiawan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lumut
- Hotels in Lumut
- Transportation in Lumut
- Nightlife in Lumut
- Restaurants in Lumut
- Shopping in Lumut
- Warnings and Dangers in Lumut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lumut
- 20 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Lumut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lumut
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 100 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Perak Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ayer Tawar Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 31 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 17 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Pulau Pinang Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues