"It's A Snail's Pace" Beruas by gnh
Beruas Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 58 photos
Beruas is a small town of around 5 000 people, though the villages around it will swell the number five fold.
There is only a main road with about 60 shops, traffic ilghts at T-junction, an Indian ( Hindu ) temple, a mosque, and a small Chinese temple which might be of any interest to the visitor or passer-by. It was important half a century ago but development has passed it by as the new bridge at Bota has diverted much traffic from Lumut and Ipoh.
You can just walk around town and across the road without a care. There seems to be so few humans around.
But the town is still alive, though not exactly thriving.
Just a kilometre or so away from town there is a forest reserve which is popular with picnikers whocome to enjoy the cool waters flowing down from the hills around Beruas.
Beruas was the location of the legendary Kingdom of Gangga Nagara. However there is hardly any evidence of the once great civilization, except for a number of 100-year old tombs of ancient rulers.
- Pros:Some History ?
- Cons:So Very Quiet ...........
- In a nutshell:Historical Town But Unimpressive
Locals call those eateries gerai ( stalls ) which sell mostly coffee, chocolate and some pastry called Roti Canai. Very... more travel advice
gnh's Related Pages
Beruas Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Beruas
- 3 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Beruas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beruas
Photos in BeruasSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 100 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Perak Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ayer Tawar Intro, 32 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 31 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 17 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Pulau Pinang Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues