Islamabad Transportation Tips by Bokhari76 Top 5 Page for this destination
Islamabad Transportation: 48 reviews and 52 photos
Green Line Express is a New executive class Pakistan express train. It runs between Islamabad and Karachi via Lahore daily . It is a fast punctual train takes only 22 hours from Karachi to Islamabad. Luxury facilities like dinner , lunch ,Tea , wifi and Bedding etc are inbound.
From Karachi Cantt it departs at 22:00,arrives Lahore 14:45 next day & reaches Rawalpindi at 19:15 hrs.
From Rawalpindi it departs 15:40, arrives Lahore at 19:40 & reaches Karachi at 13:00 hrs.
Air Blue Plane
I have a pleasant experience of flying with Air Blue. Plains are new & clean. Flights departed and arrived on time. The food was superb. All crew was cooperative. After making a very good reputition in domestic, now they are conqureing the international routes. For easier online booking facility Click
http://www.airblue.com/index.asp. Karachi-Lahore-Islamabad UAN +9221-111-247-258
Karachi to Islamabad Daily 4 flights at 0700, 1130, 1800 & 2100 HRS
Islamabad to Karachi Daily 4 flights at 0930, 1330, 2030 & 2330HRS
Karachi to Lahore Daily 3 flights at 0800, 1530 & 2100 HRS
Lahore to Karachi Daily 3 flights at 0830, 1300 & 1830 HRS
Daily Flight to Peshawar
Karachi to Dubai Daily Flight
Islamabad to Manchester Daily Flight
Lahore to Dubai Daily Flight
Weekly 3 Flight to Jeddah from Karachi
Weekly 4 Flights to Jeddah from Lahore
For more details visit at: http://www.airblue.com/Sched/View.asp
SAMMI DAEWOO is operating world class air conditioned bus service between the major cities of Pakistan.
They started operating between Lahore - Islamabad via Motorway. People have praised their service. Their Specialty is PUNCTUALITY.
They have Bus terminals in almost all major cities and several stopovers in other cities. Each Bus Terminal has air conditioned waiting area, multiple ticketing counters & several other world class facilities for passengers. They have every HALF HOUR service for RAWALPINDI / ISLAMABAD. Also operate for FAISALABAD, SIALKOT, PESHAWAR, MULTAN, DERA ISMAIL KHAN, GUJRAT, BAHAWALPUR، SADIQABAD & 32 more cities.
They have 16 Main Terminals in Abbotabad, Bahawalpur, Dera Ghazi Khan, Dera Ismail Khan, Faisalabad, Hyderabad, Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, Rawalpindi, Sadiqabad, Sargodha, Sialkot, Sukkar & Swat.
They also have Sub Terminals in 24 more Cities.
Featured Qualities are:
1. Buses leave & reach on time.
2. Breakfast & soft drinks are provided on board
3. Female hostess takes care like in airoplane.
4. Head phone is provided to listen music or watch video on LCD.
5. Newspapers & Magazines are available for reading
6. Crew consists of Driver, Hostess and A Guard, who are Courteous & Trained.
7. Each bus terminal has waiting area, wash rooms, family entertainment, cafeteria and many more.
For advance booking, shedules & inquiry please visit http://www.sammi.com.pk or call their UAN No. +92-42-111-007-006
Daewoo Express Lahore Terminal: 231- Ferozepur Road, Near Kalma Chawk, Lahore-Pakistan.
Rawalpini / Islambabad Terminal: Near Kohinoor Textile Mills Fazalabad Peshawar Road Rawalpindi Cantt.
Karachi Terminal: Sector 3-B Coridor Area Scheme # 33 Main Super Highway
Although Daewoo Bus is more relaxing and has female bus conductor but its fare is exactly twice than a cofortabel 36 seater Air conditioned Bus which takes almost same time from Islamabad to Lahore or vise versa.
So I would suggest for Budget travellers to travel via normal Air conditioned bus and save 100% fare.
Phone: UAN No. 111-007-006
Although Yellow Cab Taxi service in Islamabad is working good. But they are not air conditioned vehicles & drivers are independent. There is no centralized agency of Yellow Cabs.
Visitors, wanting luxurious pick & drop are advised to use METRO CAB air conditioned Taxi/Cab services for moving from Air Port to Hotel or from Hotel to any specific location.
At Islamabad/Rawalpindi Airport you can find various booths of these Taxi Service providers.
Minimum Fare is Rs. 320/- for 12 Kilometers then Rs. 20/ for every additional km.
You may hire for for 7 hours or 100 kms @ Rs. 2000/-
1. METRO RADIO CAB:
Concourse Hall, Islamabad Airport
24 hours call center No. (+92-21) 111-222-787, +92-51-5872236, 2272484
2. Islamabad Radio Cab
Chak Shahzad, Park road, Islamabad
Phone Number: +92-51-111-007-111
Contacts of Some RENT-A-CAR providers are as under:
10 Waljis Building. Khayaban-e-Suharwardy. Islamabad
Phone Number: +92-51-2270751
#11, Street 65, F8/3, Islamabad
Phone Number: +92-51-2856803
Raza Khan Tours
6-B, 3rd Floor, Albaber Centre, F-8, Islamabad
Phone Number: +92-51-2854865, 2504631
Euro Rent a Car
15 & 16, Muhammadi Plaza, Jinnah Avenue, Blue Area, Islamabad
Phone Number: +92-51-111-773-773
Other Contact: +92-51-5872236, 2272484
Phone: (+92-21) 111-222-787
Type: Car/Motor Home
Local bus service within the city is not well organized. Small Vans, Hiace & Suzuki's run around the city, but their route nos. are not properly printed on the face.
Therefore for tourists & new comers it is advisable to hire a taxi for journeys within the city or to Rawalpindi. There are plenty of Yellow cab taxi's available on the roads.
Due to inflation fares changes frequently. You may bargain. Minimum fare these days is Rs. 100/-
Radio Cabs are also available from-to Airport.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (16)
- See All Rawal Lake View Park
- A day trip to Murree Hill Station
- Specially developed recipes for Pakistan
Bokhari76's Related Pages
Islamabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Islamabad, the beautiful..."
- "Islamabad, the beautiful..."
- "Islamabad zindabad!!"
- " Lachydragon hits Islamabad! "
- "Islamabad - The Capital City"
- "The well connected city"
- "Islamabad The Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Islamabad
- Hotels in Islamabad
- Transportation in Islamabad
- Nightlife in Islamabad
- Restaurants in Islamabad
- Shopping in Islamabad
- Warnings and Dangers in Islamabad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Islamabad
- 21 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Islamabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Islamabad
- Posted in Travel Pakistan Forum "Re: Karakoram Highway in winter"
- updated a Islamabad Travel Page "Islamabad - The Capital City"
- Wrote a Review Green Line Express Train to Islamabad about Others in Islamabad Transportation
- Commented on one of travelmad478's Islamabad travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rawal Lake View Park"
Photos in IslamabadSee All Photos (72)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 46 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 21 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lahore Intro, 19 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 24 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Murree Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dera Ismail Khan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Thatta Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Gadani Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 3 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Daman-e-Koh- 9 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Shah Faisal Masjid (Mosque)- 14 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Margalla Hills- 9 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Dams- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Rawal Lake- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Shaker Parrian- 5 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Lok Virsa Museum & Heritage Library- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Japanese Park- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Rose and Jasmine Garden- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Islamabad Zoo- 3 Reviews, 4 Photos
See All Islamabad Things to Do