Karachi Off The Beaten Path Tips by Bokhari76 Top 5 Page for this destination
Karachi Off The Beaten Path: 53 reviews and 144 photos
Sunday Book Fair at Frere Hall Karachi
Every week on SUNDAY Frere Hall transforms into a hub for the literati. The book fair resumed just a little over a year ago. It stopped in 2003 for some reasons. Since an year it has reopened its gates to book lovers. There are eight bookstalls under a marquee.
One can find latest best sellers, cookery books, Children books, Law, Business & Science books. Latest Magazines & many more. Most of the books are in good condition and cheaper than market.
It is located on a walking distance from PC, Sheraton & just in front of Marriott Hotel.
One more place for old/cheap book lovers is Sohrab Katrak Road, Regal Karchi. Here Book Sellers sell older books on footpath. This Market also opens on Sunday when Electronic shops on that street are closed.
Port Grand at Native Jetty Bridge Karachi
Netty Jetty Bridge is situated on the way of Keamari Port near Karachi Port Trust (KPT) building & Merewether Memorial Tower. KPT has built a flyover which has replaced the old Netty Jetty Bridge.
You can view Huge loading/unloading ships with huge cranes from the bridge. Several people come here to watch the dock, calm & deep sea. On the other side KPT Fountain & other high raised buildings of I. I. Chundrigar Road can be viewed from here.
A panoramic view of sunset behind the ships & cranes is a very precious memory.
People come to feed birds & fish with bread, kneaded flour, bread & meat.
After the inauguration of Port Grand Food & Entertainment Complex parallel to Netty (Native) Jetty Bridge, a tall railing has been built across the bridge. Therefore one can not look at dock/sea from the bridge.
Port Grand Food & Entertainment Complex has been built over one kilometer bridge length. Old bridge has been transformed into an entertainment and food enclave housing numerous eateries hosting more than 11 restaurants of exotic Pakistani and foreign food and a variety of beverages.
Gadani beach fishries
As I wrote in my Sea View Tip that beaches within Karachi are polluted. So if you really want a clean beach then go to Gadani Beach. Gadani is a little away from Karachi city at about 1-2 hours drive. It lies in Balochistan Province. Way to Gadani passes from Hab Chawky.
Water is clean & pure blue. Beach is sandy. Sand is white. There are no hard stones/gravel/pabbles on the beach which may harm your feet. You can swim/relax in water for whole day. View of sea & beach from nearby rocks is great. It is best for group of friends or families to come here, Swim, relax or climb the rocks & enjoy.
Some 30 km from City Centre on National Highway is Chawkandi Graveyard. It is about seven hundrad year old Muslim graveyard. These graves are rectangular shape made of Red Stone with a very find art work on them.
A male's tomb has crown on top & all male's crowns are different from each other. (See Picture)
Going away from Karachi on National Highway. On right side is Bin Qasim Port. On left side goes way to Chaukandi tombs.
More Reviews (42)
- See All Daewoo Express Bus Service
- See All Great Food & Environment at Beach Avenue
- See All Clifton Fun Land at Bagh Ibne Qasim
- See All Gul Plaza - More than a Gift Shopping...
Bokhari76's Related Pages
Karachi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karachi ~ Over the edge!"
- "KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS"
- "Karachi an Unpredictable city"
- "Sensory Overload - Karachi"
- "Faiza & Ifrah's Southern Sindh Province"
- "Karachi - Where No One Sleeps Hungry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karachi
- Hotels in Karachi
- Transportation in Karachi
- Nightlife in Karachi
- Restaurants in Karachi
- Shopping in Karachi
- Warnings and Dangers in Karachi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karachi
- 46 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Karachi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karachi
- Posted in Travel Sialkot Forum "Re: Existence of Jamke Jattan..."
- Wrote a Review Daewoo Express Bus Service about By Road in Karachi Transportation
- updated a Karachi Travel Page "KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great Food & Environment at Beach Avenue"
- Uploaded a Video to Karachi
- Commented on one of AndreSTGT's Karachi travel pages
Photos in KarachiSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 46 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Islamabad Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lahore Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Murree Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dera Ismail Khan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Thatta Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Gadani Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (33)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Sea View- 18 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Mazar-e-Quaid- 10 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Kemari- 8 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Frere Hall- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Aladdin Park- 7 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Pakistan Air Force Museum- 3 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Mohatta Palace Museum- 5 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Zoo- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Clifton Funland- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Hawks Bay Beach- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Karachi Things to Do