"KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS" Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi by Bokhari76
Karachi Travel Guide: 487 reviews and 1,043 photos
"One day she will be the Queen of the East", said Charles Napier a hundred year ago about Karachi. It was then only a small village. Today Karachi bursts upon the visitor as a vast commercial and industrial center, a sea of people teeming with human activity, its population is estimated to be about 15 million.
Karachi is the largest city of Pakistan and the capital of the province of Sindh.
Following buildings are situated on M. A. Jinnah Rod:
Mausoleum of Quaid e Azam: Quaid-e-Azam`s Mausoleum, situated near old Numaish M. A. Jinnah Road, is a prominent and impressive landmark of Karachi.
KMC Building (1932): It is now City District Govt. Karachi (Formerly KMC) Office. It has a big Clock like Empress Market clock. Building gives a great look at night. It reminds the memories of English Rule.
Memon Masjid: It is one of the great spacious mosques of Karachi.
Wazir Mansion: Quaid's birth place at Kharadar, M.A. Jinnah Road.
Sind Madressatul Islam (1885), first Muslim School in Karachi, located just behind Habib Bank Plaza.
I. I. Chunrigar which starts from Shaheen complex & ends at Merewether Tower (about 2 km long), is said to be the Financial District of the city. Becaue all Trade & Finance Centres, Head offices of Major Banks, Stock Exchange & other offices are on this road. Following buildings are situated on I. I. Chundrigar Road:
Habib Bank Plaza, Second largest building in Karachi, situated opposite to City Railway Station I. I. Chundrigar Road.
MCB Tower: The Tallest building in Karachi at this time. Situated near Habib Bank Plaza on I. I. Chundrigar Road.
Important Buildings of Saddar:
Empress Market (1889): It was built in Gothic style in honour of Queen Victoria. Situated in Saddar.
Saint Patrick's Cathedral: Great Church. It is made in Gothic style too.
Frere Hall : Situated opposit to Marriot hotel.
Other Important Buildings:
Tooba Mosque: Said to be the largest single dome mosque, this mosque has a capacity to accommodate a congregation of 5.000 persons. Located in Defense Housing Authority area, Korangi Road (Near Defence Market), this architectural marvel is one of its kind.
High Court Building: It is situated on Court Road, Opposite to Sind Assembly Building.
Important Telephone Numbers:
Police Emergency: 15 , Telephone Enquiry: 17 , Telephone Complaints: 18 , Trunk Overseas Booking: 102 , Overseas Booking: 0102 , Overseas Enquiry: 0104
National/City Dialing Codes
International Dialing codes
EDHI Ambulance: 115 , Edhi Head Office: 32413232, 32413158 , Edhi Emerg. Centre: 32310066, 32310077
Chhipa Ambulance: 1020, AMAN FOUNDATION AMBULANCE 1021 ,
Red Cresent: 32213259, 35833973, 35836281 ,
Alamgir Welfare Trust: UAN# 111-153-153
Foriegn Currency Exchange:
Latest Foriegn Exchange Rates - Karachi , FOREX & GOLD RATES - DAWN NEWS , Galaxy Exchange (pvt) Ltd.
Flight Inquiry / Reservation:
PIA INQUIRY: 114, 445791259, 45791260, 34579444, 34572371, 34579333
Pakistan International Airlines - PIA: Reservation: 111-786-786 ,
Air Blue Reservation
Shaheen Air Reservation
Enquiry: 117, 99206075-76 , Pakistan Railway - Official Website
Train Timings - All Stations
Reservation Office City Station Karachi Phone: 021-99213539
Reservation Office Cantt Station Karachi Phone: 021-99201118
- Pros: Metropolitan City where no one sleeps hungry
- Cons: Dense populated & polluted
Great Food, Service & Environment all in one place. 3 story wooden Decks, Great Lighting Huge Kitchen Peshawari... more travel advice
United King is one of the leading bakeries in Karachi. They have great varieties of Cakes, Sweets, Nimko, Fast Food... more travel advice
- See All Daewoo Express Bus Service
- See All Gul Plaza - More than a Gift Shopping...
- See All No Traffic Rules
Bokhari76's Related Pages
Karachi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karachi ~ Over the edge!"
- "KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS"
- "Karachi an Unpredictable city"
- "Sensory Overload - Karachi"
- "Faiza & Ifrah's Southern Sindh Province"
- "Karachi - Where No One Sleeps Hungry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karachi
- Hotels in Karachi
- Transportation in Karachi
- Nightlife in Karachi
- Restaurants in Karachi
- Shopping in Karachi
- Warnings and Dangers in Karachi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karachi
- 46 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 34 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Karachi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karachi
- Posted in Travel Pakistan Nunt Forum "Re: 4 days trip to Pakistan"
- Commented on one of Bokhari76's Karachi travel pages
- Wrote a Review Daewoo Express Bus Service about By Road in Karachi Transportation
- updated a Karachi Travel Page "KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great Food & Environment at Beach Avenue"
- Uploaded a Video to Karachi
Photos in KarachiSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 46 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 21 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lahore Intro, 19 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 24 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Murree Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dera Ismail Khan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Thatta Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Gadani Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 3 photos